POTW 24 May 2020 - Long Shadows

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 24 May 2020 - Long Shadows

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 30 May 2020, 15:22

Taking an evening constitutional (allowed by constitution ;) *) in my local woods, I ventured past the viewpoint which looks over a swathe of south London. There were some people taking in the last of the sun. Maybe not the best image I took during the week, but it made a change to the other work I have been creating recently. Incidentally, all that sky showed up just how much crud had ended up on the sensor. The camera does not have any technology to prevent the accumulation of dust, so occasionally I have to give it a clean. The most effective tool I have found is an Arctic Butterfly which I got "free" with a magazine subscription years ago. These days, they are horrendously expensive.

Long Shadows.jpg
Long Shadows.jpg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

* This forum really needs a "groan" emoji. At the very least, I could have prefaced this post with a warning. :x
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: POTW 24 May 2020 - Long Shadows

Postby Iggy » Sun 31 May 2020, 23:58

Freedom at last.
Nice capture.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: POTW 24 May 2020 - Long Shadows

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 03 Jun 2020, 09:06

Iggy wrote:Nice capture.

Thanks, Iggy.

Iggy wrote:Freedom at last.

To be fair, the woods have remained open, although as there are no fences it would not been possible to close them but social distancing was never an issue anyway. I am not sure if the latest regulations allow sitting on benches, but again there is no practical way to stop that happening short of a draconian removal of the bench. What has changed is that for a while it was possible to walk on the adjacent golf course which has since reverted to its primary function.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”