POTW 2 February 2020 - Beech Tree

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 2 February 2020 - Beech Tree

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 04 Feb 2020, 00:07

A few years ago, I did a year long Photo-a-Day project. One of my objectives was to publish an image which was my only photo of the day. It was something which I never quite managed. I came close a few times but found I always needed a second shot because I was not quite satisfied with the first attempt. This image is the only one from the week which makes selection easy, at least. And achieves a long delayed ambition.

It is a favourite tree in my local wood and is the only beech which has grown so large. During the summer, its foliage becomes so dense that nothing grows underneath it. Until recently, it was surrounded by scrub, which only encroached as far as the shade cast by the tree. The ground has been cleared in the past few months which gives the location a new aspect. On a sunny morning, I spent some time walking around to find the best view before taking the shot seen here.

Beech Tree.jpg
Beech Tree
Beech Tree.jpg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”