Earlswood Common Lakes

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Earlswood Common Lakes

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:04

On Sunday morning I went to Earlswood Common Lakes which is just outside Redhill. It is a popular location and at 10:00 am on a Sunday morning the car park was already full. There is an open air cafe there which was doing good business dispensing hot drinks and bacon butties on a chilly moening. I did not take many photos and promptly discarded most of what I took on my return home. Just three survived the cull, two of which are in this post. The third is hanging on by a thread, its survival tenuous. Essentially it's a duck shot, its only saving grace being that the subject is actually a moorhen.

Shortly before I left, a number of bikers arrived. The chap below was an obvious subject and I got the shot just as he removed his helmet. It was only when I was processing the image that I spotted his tattoos and piercings.

Biker.jpg
Biker
Biker.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 1495 times

I experimented with some bird in flight shots, fine tuning the camera's AF for the best results. Until quite recently, I had not been impressed with the continuous tracking of the older Fuji cameras, but it worked well on the X-H1 once I had got it properly configured. My previous perception was largely based on the performance of the cameras when they were first released and ignored the improvements Fuji had made in the interim with firmware upgrades.

Flying.jpg
Flying
Flying.jpg (71.71 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Franke07

Re: Earlswood Common Lakes

Postby Franke07 » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 13:04

2 very nice images, the exposure has been well controlled in both images giving a very high level of detail. Well done!
Mike Farley

Re: Earlswood Common Lakes

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 11 Dec 2019, 08:18

Thanks, Frank.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”