Shot of the Week 2019 - 04 - Best View in the World

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Shot of the Week 2019 - 04 - Best View in the World

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:34

A bold claim for this image! Find out my reasons for making it and the location of this viewpoint in my blog article:

https://lightintotheshadows.proimageblo ... best-view/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: Shot of the Week 2019 - 04 - Best View in the World

Postby Iggy » Mon 28 Jan 2019, 23:07

Hi Mike,
You certainly captured the moodiness at Chisel beach that you were after. I particularly like the glisten on some of the water.
Read your blog too and was hoping to see the colour version before conversion to monochrome.
You have certainly been travelling around to get your SOTW!
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: Shot of the Week 2019 - 04 - Best View in the World

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 09:04

Thanks for the feedback, Iggy. As I said in my blog, I have captured this scene many times previously, but this is one of my better attempts.

Iggy wrote:Read your blog too and was hoping to see the colour version before conversion to monochrome.
You have certainly been travelling around to get your SOTW!

It was a dull day and the original had some very washed out colours. I am not sure what showing it would add.

As for the travelling, that has largely been coincidental and unrelated to my SOTW project. This week I am wondering what I will shoot and even stuck my macro lens into a flower yesterday. It is useful to have a "safety shot" in the bag, even if I do not use it. Maybe the weather will turn bad and snow will come to my rescue? Not that I am hoping for such. When I did my Photo 365 in 2013, it was a case of being careful about what you wish for. There was a lot of snow which led into an exceptionally cold spring and early summer. I was still wearing gloves in June. I really do not want a repeat.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”