Shot of the Week 2019 - 03 - Flamingo Family Amusements

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Shot of the Week 2019 - 03 - Flamingo Family Amusements

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 24 Jan 2019, 08:21

The third shot in my 2019 Project 52 series.

I have written more about this image in an article on my blog: https://lightintotheshadows.proimageblo ... -hastings/.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: Shot of the Week 2019 - 03 - Flamingo Family Amusements

Postby Iggy » Thu 24 Jan 2019, 14:45

Hi Mike,
Lovely colours and very well captured.
I can even see one person on a pinball machine!
Lots of work in LightRoom I guess.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 27 Jan 2019, 09:06

Iggy wrote:Lovely colours and very well captured.
I can even see one person on a pinball machine!

Thanks, Iggy. This shot has not proved as popular for the week as the alternate I posted on Flickr, but it is the one I prefer. As I wrote in my blog, it came at the end of the day when, with the possible exception of Hastings pier panorama I posted separately, nothing much was really working. Some days are like that. The trick is to relax and not be too concerned. Just carry on shooting and something usually turns up.

Iggy wrote:Lots of work in LightRoom I guess.

Actually, it was relatively straightforward. While there is a spread of tonality, it fell within the sensor's dynamic range. Aided by the use of a fast lens (f/1.4 stopped down to f/2 for DOF and image quality), I was able to shoot at the camera's native ISO 200, which helped. While it might not be apparent in the low resolution JPEG I have posted here, in the original it is possible to see the contours of the roof which is where most of the shadows areas are. The main adjustments were toning down some bright patches such as the light over the roof at far left and the highlight over the door.
Regards

Mike Farley
Laura

Postby Laura » Sun 27 Jan 2019, 20:16

Interesting image, Mike. Is there a way of seeing the images full screen from within the CCC Forums - without having to leave and visit Flickr or your blog?
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 28 Jan 2019, 07:55

Laura wrote:Interesting image,

Thanks, Laura.

Laura wrote:Is there a way of seeing the images full screen from within the CCC Forums - without having to leave and visit Flickr or your blog?

There is no facility in the forum software to view images full screen. All the shots I post are the same both in resolution and file size; in fact with this one I linked to the version on Flickr. Besides, what reason could you possibly have for not visiting my blog and missing out on what I have written? :o
Regards

Mike Farley
Laura

Postby Laura » Mon 28 Jan 2019, 08:00

Mike Farley wrote:
Laura wrote:Interesting image,

Thanks, Laura.

Laura wrote:Is there a way of seeing the images full screen from within the CCC Forums - without having to leave and visit Flickr or your blog?

There is no facility in the forum software to view images full screen. All the shots I post are the same both in resolution and file size; in fact with this one I linked to the version on Flickr. Besides, what reason could you possibly have for not visiting my blog and missing out on what I have written? :o

:P sometime life gets in the way of photography!
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 28 Jan 2019, 09:31

Laura wrote: :P sometime life gets in the way of photography!

I am reminded of former Liverpool manager Bill Shankly's quote:

*Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Except, somehow, he managed to mispronounce the word "photography". :shock:
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”