Light In The Trees

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Light In The Trees

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 15 Nov 2018, 10:19

I went to Toys Hill specifically to find spots with the late afternoon sun catching the wood's autumnal leaves. The area was greatly devastated by the 1987 "hurricane" which left much of it flattened, but the trees have grown back strongly in the intervening period. Nature always seem to find a way to recover. While there was plenty of good light, there were very few places with sufficiently large enough gaps to allow it to shine through. This image is courtesy of one of the many paths, which is at bottom right, which intersect the vicinity.

Light in the trees.jpg
Light in the trees
Light in the trees.jpg (73.24 KiB) Viewed 1048 times

Even were I still competing at club level, this shot is one which I would be very unlikely to submit. I simply do not think that it meets with what the majority of judges seem to be looking for.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Light In The Trees

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 16 Nov 2018, 19:16

I have written a blog post about this image, describing how I took it and the post processing. I have also included another picture from the day as well as the sunset shot I published separately on the forum.

https://lightintotheshadows.proimageblo ... toys-hill/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”