Fallow deer & fawn

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Iggy

Fallow deer & fawn

Postby Iggy » Mon 13 Aug 2018, 22:17

The attached Fallow Deer & Fawn image has been selected as the front cover of the Friends of Bushy & Home Parks Calendar 2019.
That image did form part of my Encounters in Bushy Park presentation, first at the CCC in July 2017 and then at the FBHP meeting in January 2018.
This then led to an invitation to present Encounters at the annual meeting of the Probus Men's Club of Twickenham this week, which includes lunch at a golf club.
Should be interesting!
Iggy
Attachments
Fallow Deer & Fawn - Iggy Tavares.jpg
Fallow Deer & Fawn - Iggy Tavares.jpg (166.16 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
Iggy

Re: Fallow deer & fawn

Postby Iggy » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 18:11

I had a delightful lunch with the members and their wives of the Probus Club of Twickenham.
My after-lunch presentation of Animal Encounters at Bushy Park was well received as Probus Club members were able to see action that they had not witnessed on their many visit to the park.
Probus Club have put a synopsis of the presentation with a dozen images on their website.
http://twickenhamprobus.org.uk/Bushypark.htm
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Sun 24 Feb 2019, 20:47

After a long absence, went to Bushy Park yesterday.
Was very lucky to pick up the last copy of the Friends of Bushy & Home Parks 2019 Calendar.
I was pleased with the reproduction of Fallow Deer & Fawn on the front cover.
Iggy
Attachments
TFOB&HM Calendar Front Cover - 2019.jpg
TFOB&HM Calendar Front Cover - 2019.jpg (187.46 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon 25 Feb 2019, 22:01

Thanks Steve. Comments much appreciated.

In years gone bye, what seems almost a lifetime ago, I used to write for several UK and US tropical fish magazines. It was just a hobby as I had a full time day job!
There was a crazy 10 years plus after going digital, when I was doing ~40 features a year all to deadline and also providing supporting images for myself and other authors.

Thus it was not uncommon for me to have 20 to 30 images in print per month that included a few front covers in Tropical Fish UK. Features ranged from breeding fish and cichlids in particular to interviewing marine fish hobbyist and photographing their setups and stock, to visiting public aquariums round the world that let me visit at 8.00 am in the morning.

Those days are long gone now as most of these magazines went out of business as they struggled to pay for shelf space at WH Smith and elsewhere and everything is now available on line. When this happened, I was always out of pocket but at least I had got my images printed.

Currently I am still writing just one article a year for Tropical Fish Hobbyist USA that became bimonthly a couple of years ago.
A Moscow Aquarium feature could be the very last one I ever do!

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/search/search-results.htm?keyword=iggy+tavares

Check out pg 86. One of eleven Public Aquarium features I did for this short lived Marine Habitat magazine.
https://reefbase.co.uk/marine-habitat-magazine-back-issues/marine-habitat-issue-10.pdf
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 06 Mar 2019, 23:44

Hi Steve,
Good chatting with you tonight and thanks for taking the time to look at some of my published tropical fish material on line.
Regards,
Iggy

Return to “Photo Sharing”