Bodiam Castle Infrared

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Bodiam Castle Infrared

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 26 Jun 2018, 14:37

I was at Bodiam Castle yesterday morning. The grounds do not open until 10:00 am, by which time on a very bright day the harsh light from the sun was not conducive to colour photography. In other words, it was the perfect conditions for infrared, something which I have not done too much of recently.* Not to mention that the castle's outstanding photogenic qualities mean that it is a well worn and familiar subject, so the infrared treatment does at least bring something different to the scene. One benefit of arriving soon after the opening time on a Monday morning is that there were few people around and, although it is not really visible in this shot, conditions were very still. In some of my other photos, I was getting some pleasing reflections in the water of the moat.

This photo is a 13 image panoramic stitch which I did in Lightroom and then converted to monochrome in Silver Efex Pro 2.

Bodiam Castle Infrared.jpg
Bodiam Castle infrared - panoramic stitch
Bodiam Castle Infrared.jpg (82.18 KiB) Viewed 1983 times

* Being asked a while back to write an article about infrared photography for the RPS Digital Imaging Group magazine has reminded me that for a while now it has been a neglected aspect of my work.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Fredetto

Re: Bodiam Castle Infrared

Postby Fredetto » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:03

Mike Farley wrote:
davidb wrote:Who is "Fredetto"?

Does it matter? Whether they are a member of the club or not, the forum is open to anyone who wishes to try cpap machines and engage with us and abides by the rules (see link below). In the past, I have removed obvious spam posts and the originator when they have occasionally appeared. It is not a significant problem as we have a simple, but effective process to block the automated creation of users and messages. Fredetto's post does not trangress anything. I will even overlook the inadvertent misspelling of my name. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

What a beautiful image. It looks out of this world. I love it, Mark!
Last edited by Fredetto on Sun 11 Dec 2022, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.
davidb

Postby davidb » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 01:11

Who is "Fredetto"?
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 01 Jul 2018, 15:32

davidb wrote:Who is "Fredetto"?

Does it matter? Whether they are a member of the club or not, the forum is open to anyone who wishes to engage with us and abides by the rules (see link below). In the past, I have removed obvious spam posts and the originator when they have occasionally appeared. It is not a significant problem as we have a simple, but effective process to block the automated creation of users and messages. Fredetto's post does not trangress anything. I will even overlook the inadvertent misspelling of my name. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 02 Jul 2018, 07:58

Fredetto wrote:What a beautiful image. It looks out of this world. I love it, Mark!

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”