Alliums

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Alliums

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 10 May 2018, 19:35

To celebrate my Canon EOS 7D's return to full health (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2804), I decided to celebrate by taking a few shots with it. And what better way to mark the occasion other than by mounting a special lens on it? Normally, I do not bother with giving technical information as the images are more important than how they were taken, but this time is an exception. I chose the Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat f/2.9 Art lens, which is appropriate as it came with an EF mount. It is a modern interpretation of the lens used for the first Daguerrotype cameras and In optical terms the simple two element design has very little going for it. However, used wide open the various aberrations confer an ethereal quaility on images produced with it. Even closing down the aperture, which is done with Waterhouse stops inserted into the barrel of the lens, by a single stop to f/4 takes away a lot of the magic.
Attachments
Alliums.jpg
Alliums
Alliums.jpg (84.57 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”