Somerset Trip

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
keithash

Somerset Trip

Postby keithash » Thu 19 Apr 2018, 20:31

I had a great time in Somerset recently with other CCC members.

The weather was a bit hit and miss, but i did manage to get some pictures:

Last edited by keithash on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Keith

Check out my new website - bare in mind it still under development:

https://kash-photography.herokuapp.com/
Mike Farley

Re: Somerset Trip

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 19 Apr 2018, 23:23

Some good work, Keith. I especially like the second photo. That tree was really distinctive but its location worked against it. You found a way to show what was special about it without the surroundings detracting from the image.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
keithash

Postby keithash » Fri 20 Apr 2018, 08:37

Mike Farley wrote:Some good work, Keith. I especially like the second photo. That tree was really distinctive but its location worked against it. You found a way to show what was special about it without the surroundings detracting from the image.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment.

I really liked the green tree as well, it really stood out from the dark background of the Cathedral.
Regards,

Keith

Check out my new website - bare in mind it still under development:

https://kash-photography.herokuapp.com/
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Sat 21 Apr 2018, 15:48

here are some of my photos

Imagewet moody tree by Sarah Shakespeare, on Flickr

Imagestonehenge by Sarah Shakespeare, on Flickr

Imagechoiresters by Sarah Shakespeare, on Flickr

Imagetree priddy ponds by Sarah Shakespeare, on Flickr
Rose

Postby Rose » Sun 22 Apr 2018, 09:10

Gutted I couldn't join you this time as I was recovering from having had major surgery just a few days earlier. It looks like you had a great weekend and I look forward to seeing more of your photos. Nice to see pics of Priddy, which is 5 minutes from my house :D
Rose
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Sun 22 Apr 2018, 17:08

Hi Rose, hope the Op went well. I loved Priddy as a location. Went back to get more photos. Certainly on my list as a place to return to.
Rose

Postby Rose » Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:13

Sarahrs wrote:Hi Rose, hope the Op went well. I loved Priddy as a location. Went back to get more photos. Certainly on my list as a place to return to.

Thanks Sarah, it went very well and I'm doing pretty well so far. Lots of physio over the next few months and I'm looking forward to getting my big lenses out again ! Let me know anytime you want to come down here again, it would be good to meet up. Priddy has always been one of our favourite places, it's a unique landscape, especially the gruffy ground around Charterhouse. It is a dark skies area, the site of many Neolithic burial mounds, a Roman fort and amphitheatre, industrial lead and arsenic workings, and underground there are huge cave systems that attract cavers from all over the world. (Actually that's how we got to know it in the first place... we used to come down here for pot holing weekends 30+ years ago !) Priddy have an annual folk music festival which is quite well known, country fairs, ploughing matches in the summer with horses and traction engines, hedgelaying and drystone walling competitions. And the Queen Vic pub is pretty good too ! For a very small place there's an awful lot going on...
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:30

Sarahrs wrote:here are some of my photos

Imagewet moody tree by Sarah Shakespeare, on Flickr

Dramatic weather conditions at Priddy.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:53

I am just starting to go through my shots from the weekend. Here are a couple from when we went around Bristol's Floating Harbour by boat.

I liked the Gromit figurehead on this ferry. It is a pity that someone waved their hand at an inopportune moment. Yes, I could fix it but the time is better used for some of he better images from the trip.

Bristol From The Water.jpg
Gromit
Bristol From The Water.jpg (98.09 KiB) Viewed 3098 times

I have long been fascinated by the story of Brunel's SS Great Britain and finally got to see it. It is remarkable that due to a combination of ghood fortune and the efforts of so many people, the ship still exists.

Bristol From The Water-2.jpg
SS Great Britain
Bristol From The Water-2.jpg (85.58 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:44

Bristol is home to Aardman Animations who created Wallace & Grommet
Rose

Return to “Photo Sharing”