Roaming Sheep

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Roaming Sheep

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 03 Apr 2018, 13:25

This is another from the series of shots which I took during my recent visit to Yorkshire. I had driven up from Muker to Keld in Swaledale and along the route there are a number of barns visible from the road, most notably at Angram and Thwaite. It was while photographing one of these barns that I saw a flock of sheep walking past. For me, it was a quintessential countryside view which I am presenting here in three versions. The first shot shows the sheep as they are approaching the barn and I like the way in which a couple of the sheep are joining the main group from a separate direction. The other two are different crops of the same capture taken after they had gone past, by which time all the sheep had come together. The first crop concentrates moe on the sheep while in the second there is more emphasis on the environment in which they live.

Inspired by the work of James Ravilious, I have tried converting these images into monochrome but the textures of the barn merge into its surroundings. The lighting was also quite flat and there is not much contrast. For those reasons, I have left them in colour.

Roaming Sheep-3.jpg
Roaming Sheep 1
Roaming Sheep-3.jpg (83.93 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Roaming Sheep.jpg
Roaming Sheep 2
Roaming Sheep.jpg (87.84 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Roaming Sheep-2.jpg
Roaming Sheep 3
Roaming Sheep-2.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”