Bath Abbey At Night

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Bath Abbey At Night

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 22:24

A full day for those on the CCC tour to Wells and the surrounding area. It started with a trip to the now disused Shepton Mallett prison, a return visit to Cheddar Gorge (this time without an uphill slog) and then onto Bath. After photographing Pulteney Bridge as night fell, I took this shot of Bath Abbey and its illumination.
Attachments
Bath Abbey at Night.jpg
Bath Abbey at night
Bath Abbey at Night.jpg (87.91 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Nina

Re: Bath Abbey At Night

Postby Nina » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 09:59

Looks like you had a busy weekend. This is well captured Mike. :)
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Re: Bath Abbey At Night

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 07:57

Thanks, Nina. It certainly was a full weekend and there is a lot to photograph in the area, although options are limited when it rains. Although the weatherman was all doom and gloom when it came to forecasting precipitation, their forecasts were spectacularly inaccurate and it stayed dry for much of the time. That did not help when it came to planning the day's activities, though. When I think of all the investment that the Met Office has made over the years, it is surprising that they do not seem to have any more idea about what the weather will do than they did 50 or 60 years ago.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”