Vigil and street walk

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
GrahamL

Vigil and street walk

Postby GrahamL » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:46

In case of interest I've uploaded into a Flikr album a number of the pictures I took on the vigil Monday evening at Potters Field Park organised by the London Mayor to honour victims of the London Bridge terrorist attack. The album includes a few pictures taken beforehand at the North end of Borough High Street and some images taken immediately afterwards, before the rain really got going.
See https://flic.kr/s/aHsm23zinq

For those into street photography here's a link to an album of pictures taken in a street walk that I took part in recently. See https://flic.kr/s/aHskVY9z85

Question; Is it best to regularly publish a few images or more irregularly an album's-worth?

Interested in what you think.

Graham
Bill Yates

Re: Vigil and street walk

Postby Bill Yates » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 23:53

Well done Graham with the pictures from Monday's vigil. Photography with a purpose.

It must have taken quite a while to process this lot before posting to Flikr, especially if they began as raw files rather than JPEGs, as I believe was the case. Or were you shooting raw+JPEG?

Bill
GrahamL

Re: Vigil and street walk

Postby GrahamL » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 10:20

Hi Bill,

It did take a while, but having seen the professionals working away on their laptops in a nearby coffee shop on my way out I was curious as to how quickly I could process the better images. Please note only about half of what I took have been adjusted in some way and exported into jpeg format, and a number of those remaining don't merit any further attention. They were all taken as raw, the light was a bit tricky most of the time and always shoot with raw to get maximum value from my camera's sensor. I did have a jpg produced as a back-up, but they weren't used and deleted after safely downloading the raw NEF files.

A certain degree of adjustment was required for all those processed, and though only a couple were on the edge this did take a few hours. These days I pretty much crop most images to some degree, and being in a crowd the odd horizontal adjustment was often needed. My saving grace is that for my Nikon files I use a relatively simple software processing package called 'Dx Optics Pro'. It lacks a number of the features to be found in Lightroom and Photoshop, no layers or cloning for instance. But what it does do it does well. It's particularly good on clarity adjustment and coping with the optical aberrations caused from particular camera-lens combinations. It's main failing for me is that raw-wise it will only process files from a Bayer array sensor. So no good for processing the RAF files from my Fuji X-series camera, quite irritating. The other time-saver is, like Frank, having a second monitor.

Glad you like the image set. One of my better days.

Cheers,

Graham

Return to “Photo Sharing”