PAD 6

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

PAD 6

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 19:25

Day 6 and a change of plan. The fog promised by the weatherman materialised, as did some precipitation which was not. So it was off to the local woods instead. This tree is normally quite difficult to photograph because of the other trees in the background, but a bit of mist helps to hide them. The high key effect is a product of the fog, which I accentuated by shooting in infrared which is the reason for the ground being pale. A conventional shot taken at the same time did not work quite so well.

The weather is a strange thing. Yesterday I was hampered by the gloomy conditions, yet today the murk was a real asset and there were any number of shots which I could have posted.
Attachments
Tree in Mist.jpg
Tree in Mist.jpg (128.82 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Nina

Re: PAD 6

Postby Nina » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:14

I like this a lot Mike. How come you had fog when there was none here? Or was I still asleep when you went out? :D
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:49

Nina wrote:I like this a lot Mike. How come you had fog when there was none here? Or was I still asleep when you went out? :D

Hi Nina

Thanks for the feedback. Possibly living half way up a hill near to some open countryside might explain why I had fog here. It persisted for quite a long time, so you would have had quite a long lie in. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
davidc

Postby davidc » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 21:39

Nice shot, my favourite so far I think. Seriously considering getting an older model camera and an IR conversion myself too :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 22:45

I have a similar shot taken last year when there was more mist around, so inadmissable so far as the PAD is concerned. I knew that the tree would make a good subject in the right conditions, it was simply a matter of waiting and keeping my fingers crossed. What I really want now is some snow, but I guess that would not be too popular with those who have to commute. :(
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 23:30

By way of comparison, I thought people might like to see the similar shot taken with a conventional camera.
Attachments
Tree in Mist 2.jpg
Tree in Mist - non infrared version
Tree in Mist 2.jpg (136.42 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”