BLUEBELL RAILWAY 2 - 488

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
davidb

BLUEBELL RAILWAY 2 - 488

Postby davidb » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 02:02

Taken at the Bluebell Railway at their Giants of Steam event in 2015.

The numberplate on a locomotive. I like the shiny! And the shape. After looking at it at home I noticed the way the light from the window shone over my shoulder producing a pleasing pattern.
Attachments
488.JPG
488.JPG (226.2 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Re: BLUEBELL RAILWAY 2 - 488

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 17:30

I like the textures and patterns in this and the way that the light is falling. It's a pity that the first number is almost completely in the shade.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Re: BLUEBELL RAILWAY 2 - 488

Postby davidb » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 18:00

Mike Farley wrote:I like the textures and patterns in this and the way that the light is falling. It's a pity that the first number is almost completely in the shade.

It's what I thought when I started processing the images for the day. The window was a few feet behind me and I don't know if I could have got the whole number lit. (A different time of day might have helped.) I do go to the Bluebell at frequent intervals so perhaps I can re-visit this shot.
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “Image Critique”