SLF Finals Day - 26th April 2014

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Canonballer

SLF Finals Day - 26th April 2014

Postby Canonballer » Mon 07 Apr 2014, 21:39

All,

Please see following message from Gill Peachey of the SLF regarding the above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you know, Finals Day will take place on 26th April at St. John's Church Hall, Eden Park Avenue, Beckenham, BR3 3JN at 2pm. Tickets cost £5. Full details can be found on the on SLF website events page: http://www.fslps.org.uk/events.htm . Please encourage your members to come along and support this main event in the SLF year.

We need volunteers to help set up the halls in the morning. As well as preparing the main hall for the event, the exhibition has to be hung in the middle hall and we need as many helpers as possible. I have already had a few offers of help, but we need more!

Please ask if any of your members could come along to help out from 10am onwards. We will also need volunteers to help clear up at the end of the event.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you all on the 26th...

Kind regards,

Gill Peachey
(SLF Competition Sec.)
Regards,

Dave Newman
Mike Farley

Re: SLF Finals Day - 26th April 2014

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:18

I saw Gill Peachey last night and she asked me to remind members about this event. It is always an enjoyable afternoon with plenty of good images to see. There is even more incentive to be there as the club has reached the final of the DPI competition, so come along and give your support.

As with anything else, these occasions take time and effort to set up. If anyone is free in the morning, the SLF would welcome volunteers from 10:00 am onwards to help get everything ready.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Rose

Postby Rose » Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:26

What was the outcome ?
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 29 Apr 2014, 13:10

Although we had a number of images which scored well, unfortunately the judge took against a few of the others and some of the marks were lower than in previous rounds of the competition, which allowed Cheam CC to achieve a straightforward win.

On a more positive note, Bill Gray won the Owen Trophy for best monochrome print which received a honourable mention in earlier rounds of the competition with "Still Standing". Bill also received a mention for "Autumn Colours" In the open colour print competition for the Punch Bowl. Two members' images were shortlisted for the Edwin Appleton Trophy for DPI images which received an honourable mention in earlier rounds. Last year the trophy was won by Irvin Bartlett, who nearly repeated his success when his image "Mary"was one of those highlighted.
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Tue 29 Apr 2014, 21:06

I take it mine didn't fare so well then ?
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 30 Apr 2014, 08:52

Rose wrote:I take it mine didn't fare so well then ?

I have sent you a PM with the details.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Outings & Events”