exhibitions

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
walterconquy

exhibitions

Postby walterconquy » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 17:17

Dear all, I have just been to 3 exhibitions I would recomend. In order of fabulousness:
Natural History Museum, Sebastion Salgado wonderful images of extreme landscapes, Antarctica, South America North pole and other venues over 5 or 6 years in gestation. £10 for under 60's but £5 for over, great value. Give yourself at least 2 hours. Restaurant not bad.
The Watercolour Gallery next to the Tate Britain alongside the thames has an exhibition of photographs on Gardens which is quite different from what you might think
Free
Paul Foley at the Stable Gallery, Hall Place Bourne Road, Bexley Kent D45 IPQ, just of the A2 on a junction. Landscapes should be there at least 2weeks from 19th July
davidc

Re: exhibitions

Postby davidc » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 17:28

Thanks for the update, I was wondering about the Salgado one as I'd not heard of him until Mike mentioned him in discussion last week :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 18:08

Thanks, Wally. Paul Foley has given a talk at the club a few years ago and I can vouch that he is a very good photographer. I have heard that he achieved two FRPS distinctions on the same day.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 18:58

davidc wrote:Thanks for the update, I was wondering about the Salgado one as I'd not heard of him until Mike mentioned him in discussion last week :)

In connection with the point I was making that it is difficult for a comtemporary photographer to become well known. Which I inadvertenetly reinforced by getting his name wrong ...... :oops:

David Bailey is so much easier a name to remember. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Outings & Events”