Street Photography With Damien Demolder - Very Special Offer

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Street Photography With Damien Demolder - Very Special Offer

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 25 Apr 2013, 19:38

Following on from last month's successful Wratten Lecture by Damien Demolder, he has been in contact with me to offer a special deal for a day's tuition in street photography with him for 10 photographers at £95 each. As you will recall, his standard rate is £180. I have agreed with him that this will initially be made available just to members of Croydon Camera Club and if we do not have enough takers it will be extended to other clubs in the area. I know that we all learned a lot at the presentation and it would be good to have the opportunity to put it into practice.

Members have until Friday, 10 May 2013 to express their interest, after which I will get in contact with the other local camera clubs if there are any places remaining.

The full text of Damien's message follows.

- 0 -

Hi Mike,

I hope you are well. Thanks very much for your welcome to CCC last month, and for your kind words at the end of the evening. I enjoyed the experience very much - you have a great club!

We chatted about a street photography day tailored for Croydon CC so I thought I’d put together a proposal for you. As you know, my days are usually £180, but if the club is keen I will set up a special day for 10 photographers for just £95 each. This would include tea/coffee at the beginning and the end of the day, and members would bring their own packed lunch.

We can discuss a route, but I’d suggest the Southbank and the City, and a 11am-6pm day, stopping before 5pm for a review of pictures taken – again we can discuss.

I do give quite a lot away in my talks, and I think I delivered lots of shooting tips and techniques to Croydon last month, but that is never a substitute for having help while putting new knowledge into practice and for someone behind you giving on-the-spot advice – and telling you to go back and do it again!

I’m not proposing a strolling day out but a proper learning experience with advice on technique, kit, composition and exposure, as well as feedback on the pictures taken. There's a broad information page on my website with detail on what my days usually consist of (though yours will be different), and some comments from students: http://www.wordsonpictures.com/words/st ... -full-day/

Let me know what you think. I think you have my email address, but you can always get me or my wife on info@damiendemolder.com.

Regards,

Damien
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Street Photography With Damien Demolder - Very Special O

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 09 May 2013, 11:40

I have now heard back from Damien Demolder with some suggested dates for the photo walk. They are 6 or 20 July, both of which are Saturdays to make it easier for people to attend. If these do not prove convenient, an alternative date in September after the main holiday season can be considered. If you are interested, can you respond to this thread ASAP indicating which dates you prefer.

Reminder - after tomorrow (10 May), I will be opening this invitation to other local clubs if there are places remaining. Act now if you want to be sure of being included as spaces are being offered on a first come, first served basis.
Regards

Mike Farley
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Thu 09 May 2013, 18:45

I'm interested, and by July I'll be able to afford it too. Either of those dates should be fine.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 10 May 2013, 00:01

So far, that makes four of us. I'm interested and can make either date, and I have had a couple of other people respond privately as well.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 21 May 2013, 19:36

I have now received the required number of applications for the course to go ahead on 20 July and all ten places have been alloccated, so this is now a firm date. Three members of Croydon Camera Club will be attending and the remaining people are from other clubs in the South London Federation. As the course is now full, I will not be accepting any further applications, although I will set up a waiting list should there be any further enquiries.

I shall be talking to Damien over the next few days to agree the arrangements and will inform the participants of the outcome when this has happened.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 21 May 2013, 23:38

Unfortunately, one of the original participants can no longer make this date, so there is currently a spare place which will be allocated to the first applicant.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Re: Street Photography With Damien Demolder - Special Offer

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 24 May 2013, 00:03

I spoke to Damien Demolder earlier this evening and will be passing the e-mail addresses of attendees to him so that he can get in contact to let people know the arrangements for making payment. He will also be working out a suitable route which he will advise in due course. There will be some walking involved, so participants should be physically able to cover a reasonable distance.

We also discussed what people would like to learn on the day. For my part, I am relatively inexperienced in street photography, so I am looking for general guidance, but if anyone wants something more this thread is a good place to request it. That way we can all have our input to ensure that everyone gets the most from the day. As only registered users can post this will require people to sign up on the forum, but this is free and open to everybody, not just members of Croydon Camera Club. Once registered, participants will have the option to subscribe to this thread and receive automated notification when there are updates.

The process is straightforward and simply requires a valid e-mail address, a userid of your choice and a password. There is also a simple question to check that applicants are human, the answer to which is 1890. And that's all there is to it.

ucp.php?mode=register
Regards

Mike Farley
davidc

Postby davidc » Fri 26 Jul 2013, 14:15

How did this go last weekend? Interested to see the kinds of things he covered.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 26 Jul 2013, 15:16

It was very good. You should have been there! ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
davidc

Postby davidc » Sat 27 Jul 2013, 16:17

What kind of things did he cover?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “Outings & Events”