Bluebird K3 at Bewl Water - 21 September

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Bluebird K3 at Bewl Water - 21 September

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 10 Sep 2022, 12:21

Sir Malcolm Campbell's famous boat, Bluebird K3, in which he set a world speed record on water of 130.91 mph, will be at Bewl Water on 21 September. Note that the event is dependent on both weather and water conditions.

https://www.bewlwater.co.uk/blog/2022/0 ... ewl-water/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Bluebird K3 at Bewl Water - 21 September

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 11 Sep 2022, 16:33

When I first posted this, the website was saying that the event was scheduled for 21 September. It still does, in the text and on the Events page, but at the foot of the article the date "May 2023 TBC" appears in a large font. This date makes more sense as the event is supposed to mark the 85th anniversary of the last of the three world records Malcolm Campbell set in the boat which occurred in 1938.

Bewl Water does not appear to have an e-mail address, despite claims to the contrary, only a phone number. I will try calling it to see what is happening and will put an update here. At present, I would advise against making any firm plans to go next week.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Re: Bluebird K3 at Bewl Water - 21 September

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 07:07

I found an e-mail address for Bewl Water by using Google. So far as I can tell, it is not published on the website. I sent a message and it bounced. I tried phoning, but the only response is a recorded message. It does not appear to be possible to speak to anyone and the only advice for enquiries is to use the e-mail address.

If anyone fancies a day out to Bowl Water for the other things it has to offer on 21 September, go by all means. If Bluebird happens to be there as well, that will be a bonus. Just do not rely on it.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Outings & Events”