Talking Pictures - Sunday, 2 February 2020

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Talking Pictures - Sunday, 2 February 2020

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 03 Jan 2020, 09:14

Last year, following on from the success of the first club meeting of this season when we did image reviews, I agreed to run an informal critique session early in 2020. This first meeting will be by way of a pilot to ascertain interest and, if we decide to continue, establish a format and frequency for future events. Since it will need some sort of moniker by which it can be referred, I am calling it "Talking Pictures". It will take place at my house and I am hoping to have around half a dozen or so members attending. It will be a group session based on peer review, with everyone having the opportunity to comment on images after the author has introduced them.

Both DPI and prints will be included. Prints will be viewed by natural light since I do not have an easel. DPIs will be shown using Lightroom, which allows the opportunity to make changes on the fly to see how suggested amendments will look and adds an extra dimension to the review process. Those submitting prints can also provide DPI versions if they wish. There is no requirement to send images in advance, simply bring them on a USB memory stick to be loaded into Lightroom. All images will be deleted from my computer at the end of the meeting, but participants will have the option to take away versions with suggested amendments.

If you would like to attend, register your interest by replying to this thread. First come, first served. Any questions or comments should also be raised via this thread so that everyone can see the discussion and contribute.

Date: Sunday, 2 February 2020
Time: 14:00 - 16:30 (ish)
Venue: My house (i will provide the address separately for anyone who does not know it. There is plenty of on street parking.)

Preferably, all projected images should be full size JPEGs with a sRGB colour space profile. This will allow for any suggested cropping without making the image too small to view. Although we will be using Lightroom, original Raw files would not be appropriate since the intention is to look at images which are either finished or a work in progress where the author is seeking input.

There is no restriction on the type of images which can be brought. They can be those which the author is considering for competition or others with are not necessarily "camera club" style. Neither is there a limit on the number of images for each individual, although depending on numbers there might not be time to look at everything.

I have started a new thread rather than continue the earlier one where this event was initially discussed. The link to the earlier thread is below.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3230
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Bett

Re: Talking Pictures - Sunday, 2 February 2020

Postby Bett » Sun 05 Jan 2020, 10:44

Hi Mike
I would like to attend "Talking Pictures" if you will have me
Bett
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 05 Jan 2020, 10:46

Bett wrote:I would like to attend "Talking Pictures" if you will have me

Hi Bett

I am delighted that you will be there. Subject to numbers, all are welcome.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 09:47

Given the interest which was expressed in holding this session and which was the reason I arranged it, I am more than a little surprised at the lack of response so far. Do people still want to do it? Is the date inconvenient? Is there something else? With virtually no input, despite publicising the event in the newsletter, I am at a loss to understand what is happening. Which is dispiriting given that I have put aside time and am willing to open up my home for the purpose. Should I just give up and cancel?
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 22:50

Unfortunately, there are insufficient people able to make this date, so the event has been cancelled.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Outings & Events”