Informal Image Critique Sessions

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Informal Image Critique Sessions

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 28 Sep 2019, 17:04

Following our successful image critique evening at the beginning of this season, club members have indicated that they would welcome events of a similar nature. It is our club's intention to hold another critique at a future date, yet to be decided, which will also include prints.

Members have also said that they would like to have similar events outside of the normal programme. These would be less formal and would essentially be discussions between members about their photos. It was evident that we all have some invaluable opinions and are more than capable of helping each other.

In order to assess interest, it would be helpful if members who would like to participate could respond to this thread and state a preference for an evening or weekend meeting.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Tina

Re: Informal Image Critique Sessions

Postby Tina » Wed 02 Oct 2019, 13:40

Hi Mike
I'm interested and don't mind evening or weekend (except Friday eve when I go dancing).
Kind regards
Tina
Canonballer

Postby Canonballer » Wed 02 Oct 2019, 14:27

Hi Mike,

I'm also interested in participating in the proposed critique sessions.

Although weekdays would be more convenient for me, I'm happy to chime in with others if a weekend session is the option preferred by the majority.
Regards,

Dave Newman
waconquy

Postby waconquy » Sat 12 Oct 2019, 14:05

I would be interested if convenient when organised. Good idea.
Regards Wally
Bett

Postby Bett » Sun 13 Oct 2019, 10:14

Hi yes I would be interested
Laura

Postby Laura » Sun 17 Nov 2019, 16:32

I would be interested too, if this idea is resurrected? I would be happy with alternate dates, some week days and some week ends, to cater for all needs....
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 18 Nov 2019, 12:06

Laura wrote:I would be interested too, if this idea is resurrected?

I was promoting this initiative a while back as the feedback I got at meetings is that a number of people were keen on the idea. In reality that never translated into enough people registering interest to make it worthwhile. If the situation has changed, it would be possible to organise something after Xmas. What does everyone think?
Regards

Mike Farley
Laura

Postby Laura » Mon 18 Nov 2019, 20:04

Mike Farley wrote:
Laura wrote:I would be interested too, if this idea is resurrected?

I was promoting this initiative a while back as the feedback I got at meetings is that a number of people were keen on the idea. In reality that never translated into enough people registering interest to make it worthwhile. If the situation has changed, it would be possible to organise something after Xmas. What does everyone think?

After Christmas we shall all be a little rounder and ready to roll....!! :D

I would quite like to look at “other” photographers work and learn from critiquing their images - rather than always bring my/our own - just for something different to do as a group? So it would be good to have a rough plan or a few project ideas. And how often would we meet, every six weeks or ...?
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 18 Nov 2019, 23:21

Laura wrote:I would quite like to look at “other” photographers work and learn from critiquing their images - rather than always bring my/our own - just for something different to do as a group? So it would be good to have a rough plan or a few project ideas. And how often would we meet, every six weeks or ...?

The idea which I had was for a group discussion of each others' images. There would also be the option to bring JPEGs and make modifications on the fly in Lightroom to see how different ideas work. It could be very powerful; development through critiquing and also learning about post capture techniques as well. It needs sufficient people to mnake it work, though.
Regards

Mike Farley
Tina

Postby Tina » Tue 19 Nov 2019, 08:33

Hi Mike
I’m still interested and sometime in the new year would be perfect.
Many thanks Tina

Return to “Outings & Events”