Canoe Slalom - 15/16 September

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Steve B

Canoe Slalom - 15/16 September

Postby Steve B » Fri 17 Aug 2018, 16:50

I am planning a trip to the Lee Valley British Open - canoe slalom and rafting on the 2012 Olympics course - which takes place on 15/16 September.

I have never been before so cannot promise the photography will be great. However, it is free to enter and if conditions are not suitable the venue is on the doorstep of the Lee Valley Country Park, which offers some excellent wildlife photography. The venue is a 20 min walk from Waltham Cross - a direct train from Seven Sisters. Google Maps predicts 1hr 40 mins door to door by public transport from my house in Croydon so not too bad.

The blurb from the website is below. Reply if you would like to come along. I'll be going if it is dry, probably on the Saturday.
https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/competition/whatson/british-canoeing-event-series

LEE VALLEY BRITISH OPEN
15th -16th September 2018
Lee Valley White Water Centre, London

This multi-discipline event will include the Slalom British Open, the Rafting British Open and a Boater X competition. Showcasing some of the best white water paddlers in the UK.

Britain’s best paddlers alongside International guests will battle it out for the honour to be crowned British Open champions, White Water Rafting teams will be racing down the course to be the fastest team, and a Boater X competition will involve competitors battling it out together to reach the bottom of the course in the fastest time. There will also be a Div 2 race taking place on the legacy loop.

With activities for the family to take part in, great competition to watch and an event village to walk around, this event will be a great day out for all the family.

Steve

Return to “Outings & Events”