OUTING TO DUNGENESS

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Bett

Re: OUTING TO DUNGENESS

Postby Bett » Tue 21 Aug 2018, 11:15

Hi Mike, yes I would love to come but have no car so would need a lift

Regards Bett
MikeW

Postby MikeW » Tue 28 Aug 2018, 14:30

Hi All, this outing is proving quite popular and around a dozen or so members at least may come along. Great! It is clear that weekends are preferred and Sundays of those so I will probably go for Sunday 4th November unless there is a rush of members wanting the Saturday. There's still plenty of time for others to indicate interest as well as to finalise arrangements and suggest I make contact with everyone at our first club meeting in September to establish more precise numbers and potential meeting spots for drivers/passengers etc. At present there are at least four willing drivers so there should be no problems with transport and for me meeting at the club venue on the day to collect people would be ideal but this may not be true for all.
Thanks for your responses.

Mike.
rebeccaclark

Postby rebeccaclark » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 22:38

Hi Mike,

I am interested to go to "Dunge" on Sun 4th Nov, but as I often have work to do at the weekend, I would really only be able to let you know about a week before at the earliest. Although I have a car, I have no SatNav and the world's worst sense of direction, so would be looking to catch a lift with a willing driver.

Many thanks,
Rebecca
gcluer

Postby gcluer » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:28

Be aware that Sunday 4th is the Veteran London to Brighton car run.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 19:14

gcluer wrote:Be aware that Sunday 4th is the Veteran London to Brighton car run.

The traditional route was based on the original course of the A23 and always went through Croydon but changed last year. According to the website, it has reverted for the 2018 run. It is worthwhile checking the exact route through Croydon as it used to go past the Whitgift Centre on the now pedestrianised area. The organisers rerouted it after Croydon Council wanted to charge for erecting barriers to keep spectators and the cars separate.

This link takes you to the spectator guide, but its scale is insufficient to determine exactly the Croydon locations:

https://www.veterancarrun.com/file-down ... ide_a4.pdf
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
jeffwin99

Postby jeffwin99 » Tue 25 Sep 2018, 21:26

Hi Mike Yes I am interested in coming along would prefer not to drive Than for organising
Jeff
Bett

Postby Bett » Sun 30 Sep 2018, 12:14

Hi Mike although I have already spoken to you about Dungeness, just to confirm I would love to go if anyone can squeeze me in,

Thanks Bett
waconquy

Postby waconquy » Thu 11 Oct 2018, 11:11

Hi Mike, yes I think I would like to go also. I have been to Dungeness a few times and had successful pictures. But I would like to see the RSPB area if possible.
I don't mind driving. Depending if Hilary would like to go I can take 2-3 people perhaps 1 more if they are slim (ha ha), I can often get 5 people in the car.
Either 4th Nov or 11th Nov.
regards Wally
MikeW

Postby MikeW » Fri 19 Oct 2018, 13:49

Hi All, at present there are still around a dozen on this trip and, although one driver has had to pull out (forgive the pun) there are still four cars available.
Having spoken to some of you it looks as though the nature reserve/RSPB site is the most popular so perhaps the best place to meet once we are in the area.
There is still plenty of time to finalise cars/passengers etc but as I'm unable to get to the club meeting next week (24th Oct) thought I'd reassure people that all is well and that there will be seats in cars for all those who need them. I will definitely be at the meeting on 31st and will speak to as many of you there as possible. In the meantime you may wish to get together with other drivers to make your own arrangements so I have listed all those who plan to go and identified those will to take passengers in their car.

Drivers: Mike W, Tom (taking Paul), Tina (taking husband Graham) and Walley (taking wife Hilary).

Those requiring transport: Bett, Iggy, Jeff, Rebecca, Sarah S, Steve B, David B.

I am happy to take three, four if one likes to cosy in the back seat. I know that some will like to set off from home rather than meet at the church (see below) so that may determine who rides with whom.

I suggest meeting at our church hall car park to pick up passengers, although leave it up to the drivers and their passengers if this is not convenient, at about 08.00 on the 4th. This should enable a get together at Dungeness around 10.00 easily.
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Fri 19 Oct 2018, 16:58

I'll be coming along too, but will meet at the Dungeness end.

Looking at the RSPB nature reserve website, it notes:
Group visits are more than welcome as long as they let the reserve know in advance. Please let us know the date you wish to visit, the number of people you intend to bring, how you are travelling (ie by coach) and what time you are due to arrive at the reserve.

If not everyone is planning on the reserve then that probably doesn't apply, but I guess if all 16 want to then it might do?

Return to “Outings & Events”