Free exhibition at Oxo Gallery

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Steve B

Free exhibition at Oxo Gallery

Postby Steve B » Mon 09 Apr 2018, 12:52

Vision 9 is on at the Oxo Tower Gallery, London this week, 11-15 April, 11am - 6pm.

An exhibition of contemporary photography inspired by the landscape or seascape, Vision 9 features the work of 9 photographers: Rachael Talibart, Valda Bailey, Doug Chinnery, Paul Sanders, Astrid McGechan, Linda Wevill, Beata Moore, Marianthi Lainas and Cheryl Hamer. Many of the photographers will be in the gallery every day, ready to chat about their work and photography generally.

http://www.oxotower.co.uk/events/vision-9/

Steve
Iggy

Re: Free exhibition at Oxo Gallery

Postby Iggy » Mon 09 Apr 2018, 14:47

Hi Steve,
Looks interesting and well worth attending.
If you do attend, could you find out about their availability to present at our CCC and the all important costs.
Thanks,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 12 Apr 2018, 15:02

I was there earlier today and it was well worth attending. There is some unusual and innovative work on display, albeit a couple of the artists had strayed well away from what could be considered conventional photography.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Sat 14 Apr 2018, 23:41

I went to the Vision 9 Exhibition at the Oxo Gallery this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Although it was fairly crowded today, I had long conversations with 4 of the 9 photographers (only 7 present) and learnt a little about their work and how they go about getting their photographs on display.
They willing gave me permission to take snapshots of their images for display on our CCC website. This was easier said than done because of reflections not only from the lighting system but also reflections from outside the gallery and had to be taken at funny angle or even standing on a chair.
Beata Moore had 3 images of small bridges shot in Venice at night among her display that I rather like.
Cheryl Hamer had images shot to produce an impressionist like feel that were wonderful.
Valda Bailey used multiple layers to produce works of art.
Rachael Talibart displayed a set of dramatic seascapes.
Tomorrow is the last day of the exhibition.
Iggy
Attachments
3-Beata Moore.jpg
3-Beata Moore.jpg (274.96 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
3-Cheryl Hamer.jpg
3-Cheryl Hamer.jpg (357.09 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
2-Valda Bailey P1390498.jpg
2-Valda Bailey P1390498.jpg (477.91 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Return to “Outings & Events”