SPA 2018 Biennial Exhibition - Official Opening and Awards Dinner

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Steve B

SPA 2018 Biennial Exhibition - Official Opening and Awards Dinner

Postby Steve B » Wed 28 Mar 2018, 13:09

Ann Healey at the SPA has asked me to circulate the following. I think Mike is already dusting off his monkey suit for the occasion but anyone is welcome to attend.

Please can you ensure that you pass the following information to your members at your club meetings this week, particularly the deadline of Saturday 31 March 2018 for the closing date for ticket applications for the Awards Dinner:

The Official Opening will be taking place at the Guildford House Gallery, 155 Guildford High Street, Guildford on Friday 06 April at midday; this will be opened by the Mayor of Guildford and soft drinks will be available. You will then have an opportunity to have a look round the first part of the Exhibition; all prints, other than award winners, will be changed over on the morning of Wednesday 18 April and you will be notified in which half of the exhibition your print(s) will be displayed. All accepted PDIs will be run as a slideshow on a large screen TV throughout the duration of the Exhibition, which closes on Saturday 28 April.

The Awards Dinner is being held on the evening of Friday 13 April at The Reigate Manor Hotel, Reigate Hill, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9PF at 19:30. For the very reasonable charge of £28 per person, a three course meal with coffee and mints will be provided, offering a choice of four dishes per course. The booking form, with all the details, can be found at the following link:

http://surreypa.org.uk/machform/view.php?id=15467

or by going to the 'Coming Events' section on the Home Page of the SPA website.

Time is now of the essence, as all menu choices have to be passed to the hotel by the beginning of April so ticket applications will close at midnight on Saturday 31 March 2018.

If you have any queries, please email me at exhibitions@surreypa.org.uk.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann Healey ARPS DPAGB EFIAP BPE2*

Chair, SPA Exhibitions & Events Sub-Committee

m: 07702 473876
Mike Farley

Re: SPA 2018 Biennial Exhibition - Official Opening and Awards Dinner

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 29 Mar 2018, 09:29

Steve B wrote:I think Mike is already dusting off his monkey suit for the occasion ........

Yes, I am planning to be at the dinner and will be heading off to Bristol for the club's weekend trip immediately after I have received my judge's award. I am also hoping to get to Guildford for the official opening of the exhibition if anyone else wants to go and would like a lift.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Outings & Events”