Photo and pub

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Sarahrs

Photo and pub

Postby Sarahrs » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 23:38

So...who is free on Saturday 27 January for a photography outing ending up in a pub?

not quite decided on location, so suggestions welcome. Eastbourne is an option, but not yet found a good pub.

Criteria includes good pub, and interesting stuff to photograph.
Mike Farley

Re: Photo and pub

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 02 Jan 2018, 08:16

I am good for 27 January at the moment.

As for location, at some point I am planning a trip to Shoreham to photograph the Redoubt and harbour, then onward to Worthing for the pier at sunset. According to The Photographer's Ephemeris, a day prior to the end of February before the sun sets too far to the west will be OK for the latter. I am not sure if those would be good locations for what you have in mind. Of course, it needs to be a decent day for a worthwhile sunset so it might be a spur of the moment decision to go.

A alternative to Worthing is the option of Brighton and maybe the opportunity to capture a murmuration over the pier and seafront. According to my research, they do not happen every day and there is a greater chance when the weather is cold.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
toms

Postby toms » Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:07

Hi,

Paul Wenham and myself would be interested in this meetup. We'll keep an eye open for the arrangements.

Regards,

Tom
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Fri 05 Jan 2018, 12:58

Thanks for suggestions everyone.

Had a look round for sea Worthing and Portsmouth seem to fit the bill. Stuff to photograph and good pub. Both are about a two hour train journey from EC.

For something a bit different Salisbury (and going to Stonehenge) is also a viable option. The great thing about January, no tourists!!!! This can also been done by train in just under two hours from East Croydon.

What are everyone’s thoughts?
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Fri 05 Jan 2018, 21:41

I'm available that day so interested in some of these options. Happy to head to south coast for a potential sunset, providing there's subjects for the day time as well.
toms

Postby toms » Fri 05 Jan 2018, 22:14

HI,

Likewise I was happy with the original suggestions but there it ends. Paul and myself would be making our own way there in any event and would look to meet up with the others as we'd probably do something en-route.

Regards

Tom
rebeccaclark

Postby rebeccaclark » Thu 11 Jan 2018, 20:44

Hi Sarah,

I may possibly be interested, but really want to photograph a couple of things in London and 27th may be the only day I have to do it.
I'll let you know nearer the time.

Rebecca

Return to “Outings & Events”