Long exposure workshop

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
rebeccaclark

Re: Long exposure workshop

Postby rebeccaclark » Mon 16 Oct 2017, 19:56

Thanks for the advice, Steve.
Bett

Postby Bett » Wed 18 Oct 2017, 22:37

Hi Steve
I would be very interested in the trip to Brighton, I have a tripod, and a set of cheap filters (never used), what I haven't got is a clue how to use them.

regards Bett :
gcluer

Postby gcluer » Wed 18 Oct 2017, 23:42

I hope to join you.

Graham C
rebeccaclark

Postby rebeccaclark » Tue 31 Oct 2017, 23:17

Is there a place and a time we are meeting, please?
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Wed 01 Nov 2017, 09:11

Some final instructions for our trip to Brighton on Saturday.

I believe the following are going or thinking of going: Bett, David, Iggy, Graham C, Paul, Rebecca, Ron, Tina, Tom.

As previously advised, we will get the 0906 train from East Croydon. Ron asked me to investigate group discounts on rail fares. GroupSave tickets are available for 3-9 persons travelling together and will get you 34% off the standard fare. It cannot be used in conjunction with other discount schemes, such as on annual season tickets. GroupSave tickets can be bought online in advance or on the day, but only make sense if everyone turns up (and on time) and returns at the same time. I will be getting my own ticket since I will not be travelling back to Brighton with you and can already get a 1/3 discount through my annual season ticket. Therefore, I will leave this to those interested to organise amongst themselves.

I will not set a pre-meet time, but if you need to buy a ticket please be there in plenty of time as there can be queues. If you get a different train, we will be based around the Old Pier.

My first post dealt with equipment. Some of us have ND filters, others not. For those without, where possible we will use my filters on your camera. Please bring the sturdiest tripod you can easily carry, a remote release if you have one and spare batteries (long exposure eats up battery life quickly). It would also be helpful if everyone knows where to locate 'mirror up' in their camera settings. And do wrap up warm since we will be standing largely immobile for most of the time!

I imagine we will finish at lunchtime, but of course everyone is welcome to come and go as they please.

Steve
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Wed 01 Nov 2017, 15:39

And Sarah, whose idea it was in the first place, obviously!
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Wed 01 Nov 2017, 19:11

Looking forward to Saturday. I've already bought my ticket so count me out on any group save option.

Currently waiting for my ten stopper to arrive in the post.
rosconti

Postby rosconti » Wed 01 Nov 2017, 19:19

Hi I'm really interested in coming too only thing is I would need to be back in East Croydon by 2pm as family are arriving at my house at 2.30 !! Would I be able to travel back on my own on a super saver / has the discount quota already been used up ?
gcluer

Postby gcluer » Wed 01 Nov 2017, 23:56

Will see you at E Croydon. As I have a senior railcard (and also I want to be flexible) I won't be joining a group ticket.

Graham C
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 02 Nov 2017, 03:24

Hi all

I'll not be making use of the group discount. Like Graham I have a railcard and can also "start" my journey from Coulsdon South with my Freedom Card.

Looking forward to the meet-up. Hope it doesn't rain too much!
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “Outings & Events”