Cameraworld Live - 28 October 2017

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Cameraworld Live - 28 October 2017

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 24 Sep 2017, 11:35

A free show hosted by Cameraworld at a venue in Bishopsgate. Aside from the usual opportunities to buy gear at show prices. there will be seminars and photowalks throughout the day. Although the event is just over a month away at the time of writing, as yet there is nothing definite on the programme. Anyone interested in going would benefit from signing up for the newsletter to be notified when the schedules are published.

https://www.cameraworldlive.co.uk/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: Cameraworld Live - 28 October 2017

Postby Iggy » Sun 24 Sep 2017, 19:54

Thanks Mike,
Signed up.
Iggy
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 13 Oct 2017, 21:18

Following their email today, I ordered a pair of free tickets today. One is free if anyone else wants to go. I will bring it in on Wednesday.

You might still be able to register if you haven't done so already: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cameraworld-live-londons-biggest-camera-show-tickets-38763896859?utm_source=CameraWorld+LIVE+2017+Newsletter&utm_campaign=af96265554-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_10_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d67442a87a-af96265554-96992365&mc_cid=af96265554&mc_eid=aadea75ab7

I am going mainly to try and attend photography seminars and photo walks.
Not too interested in new equipment.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 29 Oct 2017, 08:27

I bumped into a couple of people at the show, including Michael Platts who was right behind me in the queue to get in. I did not see Keith or Ros who were one of Matt Hart's photo walks.

There some items of interest, including the new X-E3 which I took a good look at on the Fuji stand. I use a X-E2 at the moment and was wondering if it would be a suitable replacement. The Fuji rep advised me to to buy it! The reason? Autofocus on Fuji cameras has always been one their weak points. Continuous AF is ineffective on the X-E2 and did not seem much better on the X-E3, possibly due to the low light conditions where the AF is known to struggle. After I demonstrated this to the rep, he suggested waiting for the firmware update in December for the X-T2, which allows fine tuning of the AF response. Hmm. And the X-T2 is only double the price of the X-E3.

Besides that, the X-E3 seemed like a good camera which would be suitable for much of what I do, but the same is true of the X-E2. I might pass on this generation of Fuji's cameras.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 30 Oct 2017, 09:06

Mike Farley wrote:Continuous AF is ineffective on the X-E2 and did not seem much better on the X-E3, possibly due to the low light conditions where the AF is known to struggle. After I demonstrated this to the rep, he suggested waiting for the firmware update in December for the X-T2, which allows fine tuning of the AF response.

I have been reading Amateur Photographer's review of the X-E3 and realised that a degree of customisation for the AF response is possible. There is no such facility on the X-E2 and I had forgotten that it exists on Fuji's current models. The camera I tried almost certainly was on the default setting and I might have had a better result with one of the other four. The X-T2 (and X-Pro2, I believe) differ in that as well as the presets, they allow complete control over the settings.

I might have overlooked this option, but the question is why did the Fuji rep not point it out? The camera might be new, but in many regards its operation is similar to the others in Fuji's X-Trans range.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Outings & Events”