SPA FotoFest - 4 November 2017

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

SPA FotoFest - 4 November 2017

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 09:11

SPA is holding a photography day at Croydon Masonic Halls on Saturday, 4 November which features Tom Way, Will Cheung, Gavin Hoey and Steven le Provost as speakers. Early bird tickets are £15, rising to £20 from October. It promises to be a good event and right on our doorstep to boot. SPA is to be congratulated on this initiative and deserves our support. If the day is a success, they will be encouraged to do something similar again.

I cannot find a separate poster for the event, but there are more details in the just issued SPA News, a link to which is below.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/54b7e2b8-8d ... bcece348be

Tickets are limited to the hall's capacity of 200 and are sold on a first come, first served basis. Apply at this link:

http://surreypa.org.uk/machform/view.php?id=18537
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: SPA FotoFest - 4 November 2017

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 08:17

While a contingent of CCC members were in Brighton, a few of us went to SPA's FotoFest where four speakers with very different photographic interests kept us entertained and informed throughout the day. Events like this are good for seeing how others approach their photography and I gained something from each of them to take away. Gavin Hoey was an excellent choice for the after lunch slot. He had a fast paced presentation and, as usual, he kept the audience in fits of laughter throughout.

For me, the highlight was the last speaker, Steven le Provost. I have no interest in emulating his heavily manipulated images which combine elements from several shots, but it has inspired me to revisit some of my own work. It reminded me that I have some images which I could not do much with at the time, but with the right techniques have unrealised potential. For me, that sums up the value of events like this and the bonus was that it was held right on our doorstep.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Outings & Events”