Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Steve B

Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival

Postby Steve B » Thu 04 May 2017, 20:29

As I mentioned at our club evening last night, Brooklands Museum - home of the historic motor racing circuit (plus a Concorde exhibit) - is putting on its annual Double Twelve Motorsport Festival on the weekend on 17-18 June. The basic premise is motoring competitions and challenges for vintage cars and bikes plus entertainment and other activities. It is not stated on the website whether or not the museum itself is open as normal on the weekend.

The standard museum admission price applies, which is £11 adults, £10 seniors and students, £30 for family ticket and £6 for children. Some of the other events advertised on the website have an advance online booking option as well as the option of paying on the door, but this facility isn't currently available for the Festival. I also cannot see any group discount option. Therefore, it looks like we would have each to pay for our ticket on arrival.

Brooklands is located near Weybridge in Surrey, which technology tells me is (probably optimistically) a 33min drive from Croydon or just over an hour by public transport (this hour includes a 1 mile walk from Weybridge, which is accessible from Clapham Junction).

See here for more details https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/the-brooklands-double-twelve-motorsport-festival

I'm very happy to coordinate a club trip. I'm planning to go on the Saturday (which looks the busier of the two days). Please reply if you would like to come. Given the public transport option is a bit of a slog, it would be great if you could indicate if you are able to give a lift and no doubt members will gratefully contribute petrol money in the usual way.

I've not been before, but it looks like a fun day out with some promising photographic opportunities.

Steve
toms

Re: Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival

Postby toms » Thu 04 May 2017, 22:10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for offering to arrange and co-ordinate this outing.

I for one am interested and am happy to see which dates are most suitable for others who with to attend.

Tom
davidb

Postby davidb » Sat 06 May 2017, 14:03

Sounds like a great day out. Put me on the list (but I will need assistance getting there).
Regards

David A Beard.
toms

Postby toms » Fri 19 May 2017, 15:50

Hi Steve,

I'm sure that some other members will be interested in the outing. To help focus the minds what date do you have in mind?

Regards,

Tom
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Sat 20 May 2017, 10:43

Saturday 17 June is the date I had in mind. I'll do another pitch on Wednesday.
toms

Postby toms » Sun 21 May 2017, 10:41

That will be fine for me.

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 23 May 2017, 13:08

17 June works for me as well.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Postby davidb » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:29

17th works for me also.

I've just bought my ticket!
Regards

David A Beard.
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 22:42

It looks like a good turnout for Saturday and the weather forecast is dry and warm. An outline programme for the day is now available on the website together with details of entry classes for those who wish to delve deeper. It is possible to buy tickets online, although it looks like this gets you into a shorter queue to collect tickets on the day rather than acquire a ticket which is scanned at the gate.
https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/the-brooklands-double-twelve-motorsport-festival

I believe transport is organised for everyone who has already said they are planning to go, but do use the forum to confirm details as necessary. I believe Mike (driving me and Sarah) is planning to get there for around 10, which is when the programme begins for the day.

Steve
toms

Postby toms » Thu 15 Jun 2017, 15:46

Thanks Steve,

I'll have Paul Wenham, David Beard and Ron Barker on board and will aim to get there for the same time.

Regards,

Tom

Return to “Outings & Events”