Lake District

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
walterconquy

Re: Lake District

Postby walterconquy » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 12:40

Hullo People, I am writing to get a consensus on dates for the Lake District outing.
I can make the 05/10/2017, 19/10/2017, 26/10/2017 dates.
I will be trying either Kendal or Keswick Premier Inns which sound fairly competitive compared to other hotels, if you can book them at all.
I have approx. price of £68 per night.
Please could you notify who can make it and what dates so I can try and book early, bearing in mind Cumbria in Autumn is a very interesting place to be..
Kendal and Keswick are both ideal places to work from. Along the A591 are about three lakes which can be visited quite easily and a further four or five which are quite nice drives to.
The hills and Mountains are round the lakes so you can get great views all over.
Lets hope we can make this an outing to remember for beautiful colours and gorgeous weather, it can happen in October, plus no midges.
Hope to hear from you all soon
Wally
Tina

Postby Tina » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:08

Hi Wally
All sounds good to us. 19th or 26th October would be better for us.
Many thanks
Tina
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 07:56

I wonder whether the last two proposed dates in October are the best ones to choose? They coincide with the beginning and end of the autumn half term and the area is likely to busy. The narrow roads and large numbers of people are not a good mix.

Could we also have an indication of how many nights are being proposed, bearing in mind that driving to and from such a distant location will take the best part of a day which eat into the time available for photography. It is a long way to go for just a couple of days.

At present, I am unable to commit to any dates in October and it is possible that I might not be able to make the remaining date of 5 October. My preference would be to go in early November, accepting that this runs a risk with the weather. On the other hand, unsettled conditions can provide some wonderful light in the right circumstances.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:08

OK Mike found it thanks for your help. I didn't know about the pages, I just thought it would be a stream.
Thanks again
Wally
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:18

Hi Tina and Mike, I have your dates Tina and will wait for other peoples choices.
Mike, November is little late i think, but we shall see the returns on my dates.
Off hand I thought I had written that we go on the thursday and come back on the Monday, gives us three days there.
Regards Wally
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:33

walterconquy wrote:OK Mike found it thanks for your help. I didn't know about the pages, I just thought it would be a stream.

Glad that's sorted. I'll move your other thread into the General forum.

walterconquy wrote:Off hand I thought I had written that we go on the thursday and come back on the Monday, gives us three days there.

I knew we were planning to go for a bit longer, but that is the first time I have seen a duration mentioned.
Regards

Mike Farley
Nina

Postby Nina » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 16:22

How about Thursday 2nd November returning Monday 6th? I may be able to join you, subject to dates being finalized soon.
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
toms

Postby toms » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 17:11

Hi Wally,

Looking at the current proposed dates I'll hold back to see when the majority want to go as like others we're liable to be involved in child care during the half term. The actual dates for the schools I pick up from have not been posted yet but looking at previous years are usually the last week in October.

Working on that premise and probably wanting to make the best of the Autumn I'd opt for early October. Wouldn't be interested in November.

Regards,

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 02 Feb 2017, 09:47

walterconquy wrote:Mike, November is little late i think, but we shall see the returns on my dates.

Jessops does not seem to think that the end of October is too late to visit the Lake District in autumn.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/la ... emy-100349
Regards

Mike Farley
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Sun 05 Feb 2017, 16:54

b-wimages412 copy.jpg
b-wimages412 copy.jpg (196.2 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
b/wimage579copyjpg

Here are a few b/w images I took in the lake district, I will also send some coloured in a minute
Wally
Attachments
tree of light copy.jpg
tree of light copy.jpg (196.97 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
blackwhite579 copy.jpg
blackwhite579 copy.jpg (241.31 KiB) Viewed 3546 times

Return to “Outings & Events”