Norfolk and/or Suffolk

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Compsec

Re: Norfolk and/or Suffolk

Postby Compsec » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 14:03

I am interested in this trip. My preferred date is 7th April but can do the March dates. Hotel choice would be the Premier Inn, mainly because Norwich town centre can be very rowdy on Friday & Saturday nights and, as said on the forum previously, car parking is rubbish especially if Norwich City FC are playing at home that weekend.

Regards

Chris
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 18:14

A Premier Inn would probably be my preference when doing landscape photography. Apart from the reasonable cost, there is 24 hour access and they serve breakfast until 11. That gives plenty of time after a morning shoot. I remember being on a landscape photography course and the hotel got very sniffy as we always turned up late for breakfast. Also, checkout is not until 12, which allows the opportunity for a lie down after an early start to catch the sunrise. The main downside is that they tend to be geared for business rather than leisure travel, so are not always in the best locations for photography. When I went to Suffolk last year, I stayed in Ipswich and that turned out to be a 50 minute drive from Southwold where I went for the classic dawn shot of the pier.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
keithash

Postby keithash » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 22:06

I'm happy with a Premier Inn, I stayed in the Norwich East (Broadlands) hotel a couple of years ago and found it perfectly fine and happy with any dates.

Thanks
Keith
Regards,

Keith

Check out my new website - bare in mind it still under development:

https://kash-photography.herokuapp.com/
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Fri 20 Jan 2017, 19:47

Hi Everyone Hilary and I would like to come but we can only make 7th April. Premier Inns are alright. We hope that date will be successful but if most people prefer it we will not be able to come with you, but never mind we will go to the Lake District.
Hope things work out
Wally Conquy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 10:03

The 7 April date works better for Lindsay and myself.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Tina

Postby Tina » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:00

The April date is fine for us.
Many thanks
Tina & Graham
Franke07

Postby Franke07 » Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:51

I am interested in going on this trip
jeffwin99

Postby jeffwin99 » Sun 22 Jan 2017, 11:39

Jane and I would like to go on this trip. Premier Inn sounds fine and April 7th is best date for us.
toms

Postby toms » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:13

Hi Everyone,

Having read the posts above and spoken to members at the club I can confirm that the trip to Norfolk will take place from Friday 7 April to Monday 10 April (3 nights).

Thankfully Keith Ash has stayed at the suggested Premier Inn before and as Mike says, the flexibility of breakfast times helps any early starts.

The suggested Premier Inn is Norwich East (Brooklands/A47) which should be a good jumping off point for the Broads and other sites in that part of Norfolk.

Should anyone wish to book another hotel then that's not a problem as I am aware that some prefer to be in town or in a 'real' hotel. What's more important is that we work together during the days and meet up wherever possible for meals especially in the evenings.

By my reckoning the following have indicated an interest in attending this trip: -

Sarah Shakesphere
Judy McGinley
Keith Ash
David Cavendish (would stay with family)
Graham Cluer
Tina & Graham Nuthall
Michael Platts
Mike & Lindsay Farley
Chris Davis
Wally & Hillary Conquy
Frank Edwards (+1?)
Jeff and Jane Winchurch
Tom & Jan Sherrin

What a brilliant uptake!

Please note that it is down to you the members who want to come along to make your own bookings for the Premier Inn or alternative hotel. With Premier Inn the earlier you book the cheaper it is. I have just booked my room and the cost today is £116 (non-refundable) or £163 (allows for cancellations).

I was asked about single person supplements. In short there aren't any. I suspect that the only reason that they ask for the number of people staying per room is to calculate the cost of breakfast for those paying upfront. There is no need to pay for breakfast etc. when booking as this can be done on arrival, also it's less to lose if you go for the non-refundable option and have to pull out for any reason.

Transport arrangements (car sharing etc.) and places to visit/photograph will be sorted out between now and the date of the trip.

Finally, for those who might be considering staying in the town (Norwich) or delaying their booking, Norwich FC are at home and cheap accommodation might be swallowed up by visiting fans. I'm also told that on match days the town can be a bit noisy.

If you do book can you please add to this post so that we know whose going.

Thanks,

Tom
Compsec

Postby Compsec » Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:47

Thanks Tom, have booked Premier Inn Brooklands, price as you said, was £116.00 (+card fee £1.00)

Cheers

Chris

Return to “Outings & Events”