South Bank Evening Walk

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
toms

Re: South Bank Evening Walk

Postby toms » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 12:12

Thanks Graham, David Beard might also be coming along but will confirm tomorrow.

Regards,

Tom
jeffwin99

Postby jeffwin99 » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 13:49

Hi Tom, would like to join you all tomorrow. See you at Waterloo. Regards Jeff
toms

Postby toms » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 13:55

Hi Jeff,

The more the merrier. Will add you to the list to contact in the morning when we will have a weather update.

Regards,

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 16:18

GrahamL wrote:Iggy - Rose and I both bought Sirui tripods at this years Photographic Societies event in London from Camera World. I bought the ET-2004 'Easy Travel' tripod kit. They are of Chinese manufacture but incredibly well-made, really compact and come with carrying case too.

+1

I have not used mine much yet, but can vouch for the build quality and the design is full of neat touches such as retractable spikes built into the feet. I opted for the slightly heavier tripod for better stability, but the supplied head should support with ease all any camera I am likely to put on it.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 16:35

I am really looking forward to tomorrow evening's photo shoot on the South Bank walk, weather permitting, as I have a lot to learn!

Rose and I both bought Sirui tripods at this years Photographic Societies event in London from Camera World.

Graham, thank you for the suggestion but they are way more than I wanted to pay. Before I received your suggestion I had already placed and next day received the XCSOURCE® Professional Portable Magnesium Aluminium Alloy Tripod for just £46 via Amazon Prime that my wife subscribes to.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KNJ2QUA/r ... 934a382a_S
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and sturdiness of the medium sized beast and expect that it will meet all my requirements for the time being.

Just charging up all my Canon batteries.
I better familiarise myself with the Canon 70D tomorrow morning as I have just been using the Lumix FZ1000 (24-1000mm lens) for the last couple of months as it so light and easy to carry around and been giving me great results.
Hope to see you all tomorrow.
Iggy
GrahamL

Postby GrahamL » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 18:36

Hi Iggy,

Glad you found what you needed, choice always a compromise. I did look at the Gitzo travel tripods at the show, my interest disappeared when I saw their price, and they didn't even come with a compact head.

Looking forward to tomorrow's walk.

Cheers,

Graham L
Franke07

Postby Franke07 » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:24

Hi Tom, a little late in the day but I would like to tag along
toms

Postby toms » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:02

Hi Franke

More than welcome as always. I'll post and also email tomorrow morning when I've seen the weather forecast. Looking at it tonight we might just be very lucky.

What a good turn out it looks like we're now:

Myself
Franke
Graham C
Keith
Tina
Ron
David (possibly)
Bill Y (possibly)
Iggy

Regards,

Tom
emmanuel

Postby emmanuel » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:21

Hi Tom and the rest. i like to join the walk.
toms

Postby toms » Sat 02 Apr 2016, 10:48

Hi All,

The weather doesn't look promising at the latter part of the evening but that said up to about 8pm we should be OK. There is plenty to photography as dusk approaches even if we aren't lucky enough to get a good sunset of a dark sky.

Rather than putting this trip off for another week which would be at least 2-3 weeks away I suggest we take a chance and go for it. Plastic bags and umbrellas at the ready (in which case it'll be fine) I'm sure that we'll have a good time. If it does rain we'll find an appropriate bolt hole and enjoy the day and each other's company anyway.

Our group has grown and now consists of:

Myself
Frank
Graham C
Keith
Tina
Ron
David (possibly)
Bill Y (possibly)
Iggy
Jeff
Emanuel

See you all under the clock at Waterloo Station for 17:30. It's only a short walk then to the London Eye and the South Bank. I've sent you all an email with my contact details.

Regards,

Tom

Return to “Outings & Events”