The Photography Show - Saturday, 19 March 2016

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
toms

Re: The Photography Show - Saturday, 19 March 2016

Postby toms » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 15:41

Mike,

Where's the best place to buy a ticket for the show?

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 16:12

Bottom of the third page in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1926&start=20#p9622
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
toms

Postby toms » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 16:56

Mike,

And that's the trouble with forums.

A simple reply with the link would have been much appreciated.

I asked the question because I've been receiving lots of emails from companies that I deal with offering tickets. One doesn't know if one is better than the other.

Regards,

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 17:32

Tom

You had a choice, whereby you could take a look through this thread where I had already given the details, Google the answer, or ask me. I do not have this information to hand, so to help you I stopped what I was doing and did the search for you instead. I opted to give you a link to the relevant post and all that was down to you was to click twice, once on the link to the thread which I had provided, which also had some relevant information which might have been of use to you, and then again on the link shown there. To paraphrase, that's the problem with forum users, some of whom do not seem to appeciate what is being done for them. A simple thank you would have sufficed.

To answer your other newly posed question, it's all the same price wherever you go and I suspect that all the e-mails you have been receiving would have taken you to the same link I gave you.
Regards

Mike Farley
toms

Postby toms » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 17:54

Mike,

Ouch! Now that's what I call a bite. :shock:

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply in the first place. No offence intended.

Posts on this should end here I think.

Regards,

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 15 Mar 2016, 18:55

toms wrote:Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply in the first place. No offence intended.

You are very welcome. No offence taken.

toms wrote:Posts on this should end here I think.

Agreed.
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Fri 18 Mar 2016, 18:10

I have just found out that there are no trains running from Hayes tomorrow - in fact nothing into Waterloo East, Charing Cross or Cannon St all weekend !! :o :shock:

So it looks like I will join you at East Croydon after all :?
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 18 Mar 2016, 18:27

Rose wrote:I have just found out that there are no trains running from Hayes tomorrow - in fact nothing into Waterloo East, Charing Cross or Cannon St all weekend !! :o :shock:

So it looks like I will join you at East Croydon after all :?

Hi Rose

Sorry to hear that there are no trains locally. We'll look out for you at East Croydon.

Better news is that I have checked the TfL website and there are no engineering works planned on the Victoria Line this weekend. Without wishing to tempt providence, hopefully that will mean a straightforward journey between Victoria and Euston. Ditto the trains between East Croydon and Victoria where there is nothing scheduled either. Hopefully Southern will be running a normal service tomorrow, i.e. the usual few minutes late.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 20 Mar 2016, 08:13

Another very enjoyable day. Thanks to everyone who came along. Money was spent, but not in such quantities as in some previous years. Leaving the show at the end, I did see one person laden down with bags who looked as though he had taken full advantage of the opportunities available.

The highlight for me me had nothing to do with the gear on display, but being able to sit down for a few minutes with Rod Wheelans of the PAGB for a critique of my images. He was very insightful and I certainly learnt a lot in that brief period. It was worth the trip just to be able to talk to him.
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Sun 20 Mar 2016, 09:12

My session with Rod and the other PAGB judge was good too. They didn't always agree with each other, which in itself was an insight in how images can fare when up against a panel of judges. Rod was very encouraging and they both made some useful suggestions. I deliberately took a very mixed selection of images with me and I think I can go back to my archive now with a better idea of what might pass muster. They did say that the standard of nature images these days is so high that they have to be exceptionally good now.

As for spending money... I got what I came for and nothing else ;)
Rose

Return to “Outings & Events”