Change of Programme - 5 November 2014

Read-only area where club-related and forum-related announcements are posted.
Mike Farley

Change of Programme - 5 November 2014

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:23

This meeting will now comprise the rescheduled first round of the SLF Mono Print competition. The Members' Evening mobile phone image contest has been postponed.

The SLF event was due to be held on 27 October at South London Photographic Society. Unfortunately this did not go ahead as planned due to a confusion about the date on the part of the judge. All SLF competitions are planned months in advance and, with the exception of Finals Day, are held as part of host clubs' regular programmes. Finding a new date and location if a competition does have to be rescheduled at short notice presents a significant logistical challenge, so our club has agreed to hold the event on 5 November. This was due to be the first of our members' evenings and the mobile phone competition which we had intended to run will now be held at a later date, details to be advised separately.

The judge for the evening will be Martin Faiers, as originally intended. Needless to say, Martin is embarrassed and very apologetic about his oversight. We should remember that judges give freely of their time and are reimbursed only for their travel expenses. And they are only human, with all that implies.

My apologies to anyone for whom this change causes any inconvenience. All I can say is that it has occurred due to exceptional circumstances and I hope that you appreciate the reasons for our club offering to assist the SLF in this matter.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Announcements”