Exhibition Hanging - Sunday 16 March 2014

Read-only area where club-related and forum-related announcements are posted.
Mike Farley

Exhibition Hanging - Sunday 16 March 2014

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 06 Mar 2014, 18:34

The exhibition hanging takes place on Sunday, 16 March and those who have prints should bring them in their frames to the gallery on that day between 10:00 - 10:15 am. Due to parking restrictions in the area, someone will be on hand to take your prints, so those arriving by car can stay with their vehicle and will only need to stop momentarily.

Last year, some people parked on the nearby zebra crossing zig-zag lines, which can incur an instant penalty notice or even immediate removal if a tow truck is passing. There are signs nearby warning of CCTV cameras to detect traffic violations and anyone stopping within the zebra crossing zone does so at their own risk.

If you cannot be there in person on the Sunday, you will need to make alternative arrangements for delivery your prints at the stipulated time. It will not be possible to hang images which are received after 10:15 am or at a later date.

Instructions for putting prints in the frames are on a separate thread (see link below). It is important that all your prints have a label with your name and image title on the rear and that the hanging wire is attached to the fibreboard backing. The latter is required to hang the framed print on the wall.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=916
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Exhibition Hanging - Sunday 16 March 2014

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:43

I have been informed that stopping on zebra crossing zig-zag lines incurs not only a fine, but also points on your licence.

You have been doubly warned.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Announcements”