Bleeding London

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Bleeding London

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 17 Apr 2014, 17:27

In my low light street photography post, I mentioned the Bleeding London project which aims by the end of October 2014 to have a team of volunteers photograph every street listed in the London A - Z. I suppose that at this point for the benefit of those who will not investigate further, I should say that the inspiration for the project comes the Whitbread short-listed novel of the same name by Geoff Nicholson. In the book the main character, Stuart London, sets out to walk along every street in the A -Z.

The initiative is being organised by the RPS London region and the intention is that next year there will be an exhibition and accompanying book. I have now discovered that there is a dedicated website and daily blog on the RPS London region's section of the RPS website. Anyone can sign up, whether they are RPS members or not. Even if you choose not to, the blog is a source of themed ideas for street photography shots.

http://www.bleedinglondon.co.uk/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Re: Bleeding London

Postby davidb » Mon 12 May 2014, 10:04

Mike

Any chance Croydon CC can organise an event (or two) (say, in and around Croydon) for this exciting (?) venture?
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Re: Bleeding London

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 12 May 2014, 10:46

davidb wrote:Mike

Any chance Croydon CC can organise an event (or two) (say, in and around Croydon) for this exciting (?) venture?

All members of the club are free to organise an outing and it does not have to be someone who is on Council. Any takers?
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”