simon clarkson

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
walterconquy

simon clarkson

Postby walterconquy » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:20

Who is Simon Clarkson, is he a new member I don't know about, if he isn't he sounds like a useful new recruit.
walterconquy

Re: simon clarkson

Postby walterconquy » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:22

Mike don't you regret reminding me about looking on the forum? I must have written on at least 6 posts, wally
Mike Farley

Re: simon clarkson

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 14:18

Wally

The policies for who can register on the forum are in the Welcome thread of the General section where you have posted. Link attached.

http://forums.croydoncameraclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Whilst the forum is primarily intended as an additional resource for club members so that announcements can be made and topics discussed outside of club meetings, it is open to anyone to register. Amongst other things, it helps raise the club's profile which in turn could lead to an increase in membership. Non members might also be able to make contributions which will help the community. The forum is moderated so if anyone, regardless of whether or not they are members, posts anything deemed to be inappropriate, the post can be deleted and/or that user banned from the forum depending on the severity and frequency of what is posted. Obviously, it is to be hoped that the circumstances in which such actions are necessary will never arise.

To answer your specific question, Simon Clarkson lives locally and although he is not currently a member, he visited us for the first time last night when I introduced him and I am hoping that he will join shortly. In the brief time he has been active on the forum, he has made a number of well received posts and whilst I have not asked him directly, I am sure that his experience here has helped him become familiar with us. I would ask that all members welcome anyone who posts here, regardless of their status with the club.

Lastly, I have no regrets about reminding you of the forum's existence. The forum is there for everyone to use and I hope that you will find it of benefit.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”