SLF competitions

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
davidc

SLF competitions

Postby davidc » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:57

A week or two ago there was an announcement that the SLF competitions needed entries from Croydon but for images to be considered to get points the photographer had to be in attendance. I was planning to attend the print competition but realised it clashed with the mono competition last night.

However, then an announcement was made that 10+ rated images from last night's competition would be needed for the next SLF mono competition. Does this mean earlier guidance that we'd need to attend and represent the club for the club to have any chance of winning is still the case or has the situation changed? I was planning on attending as many events as I could on behalf of the club but now I'm not sure what the deal is...
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Re: SLF competitions

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 11:24

The notice about the photographer being in attendance related to next month's individual SPA competition, not the SLF ones which are inter club events and do not require the authors of works to be present.

http://forums.croydoncameraclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63&p=216&hilit=spa#p216
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:21

Aha hadn't realised the distinction between SLF and SPA.
My Top 50 album is here
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:34

It always good to have members at these events though, it gives it more of an atmosphere and you get to know what pictures are going the rounds.
The quality of the pictures helps you achieve competition standards also.
davidc

Postby davidc » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:06

Good point, I'll try to make more of an effort to attend one of them!

I certainly did enjoy the annual tournament we hosted in the main church building last year, even though I couldn't stay for the whole session.

Actually on the subject of that, one thing I did notice from other clubs was the level of photoshop manipulation many, many images had - and scored highly on - such as adding in artificial backgrounds or even constructing entirely artificial images. Something I don't think we've ever seen on our side? I'll try to find an illustrative example online.
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “General”