iPhone Photography

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

iPhone Photography

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 08:34

I recently came across the set of images taken on an iPhone 13 Pro by an experienced photographer. It might be an expensive device and the images are only shown as small JPEGs, but it certainly looks as though the current iPhone could challenge a "proper" camera when it comes to image quality. Add in all the other functions that a smartphone can do, suddenly it does not look quite so pricey. Rumour is that the next iPhone will feature an improved camera, which is probably necessary as when it comes to photography there are more capable phones available.

https://theonlinephotographer.typepad.c ... folio.html
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Re: iPhone Photography

Postby davidb » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 22:23

And, with the right settings on the iPhone, you can shoot in RAW.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Re: iPhone Photography

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 10 Jul 2022, 08:19

davidb wrote:And, with the right settings on the iPhone, you can shoot in RAW.

I have always found that the way the phone has to be held to take photos is awkward. So - shock, horror - I have mainly used my iPhone as a phone although the ability to access the Internet wherever I happen to be is pretty damned cool as well. I also recall, back in the days when cash was a thing, paying for a £2-80 coffee with a £5 note. To my amazement, the person serving me used the calculator on their iPhone to work out the change. They are versatile devices, for sure. My iPhone is the original SE model and still serves my needs well, but that does mean it predates the introduction of Raw. Going back to my opening statement, it is not something that I miss. 5G rather than a better camera is more likely reason for an upgrade unless my phone makes the decision for me by expiring.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”