Earn cash as a photoguide

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
abennettphotography

Earn cash as a photoguide

Postby abennettphotography » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 18:07

This looks interesting - https://www.clik-trip.com/
Mike Farley

Re: Earn cash as a photoguide

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 18:35

Are you sure about the title of this post? Nowhere on the website can I see anything which suggests that they they are looking for photograghers to act as guides. Rather it is a site where customers can go to hire experienced people who know the local area where they intend to travel. Last year I met Suzanne Porter, one of the founders, and she was keen to stress that all the photographers on the site have been vetted. Having had some dubious encounters herself, she is keen to ensure that all those listed on the site can be trusted and provide value.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
abennettphotography

Postby abennettphotography » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 19:04

Possibly. I'm still not quite sure what the service is. But if you put yourself forward as a photographer and pass the vetting then presumably you can earn as a guide? Or is this wrong?
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 23:16

The service is intended to put people who are travelling to somewhere unfamiliar in touch with a local professional photographer who will act as a guide, make introductions as necessary and/or provide instruction, either for individuals or groups. Sometimes what is on offer is to take pictures of the client at the location. Reading the "About us" page on the website and the providers' summaries will give a better idea on what is available.

I did ask Suzanne Porter about the vetting process for those listed on the site but she was not especially forthcoming on that topic. Some of the criteria for selection will be obvious, such as being a professional who makes most or all of their income from photography, has expertise with guiding people, can show their portfolio and produce references from previous clients. I would imagine that there would also be a lot of scrutiny about approach and other requirements such as public liability insurance. Expect the bar for acceptance to be high.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”