Topaz Gigapixel AI

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Topaz Gigapixel AI

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 15 Oct 2019, 08:35

A while back, as a result of an article on The Online Photographer (TOP) written by Ctein, I purchased Sharpen AI from Topaz. It does a seriously good job of rescuing images which are not quite in focus. I also found that in some instances it could subtly effect the rendering of images which were already sharp. Now Ctein is back, this time recommending Topaz Gigapixel AI. When I made the decision to purchase Sharpen AI, I did not realise the hardware requirements for these applications. The graphics card in my desktop computer only just meets the minimum requirements. Neither Sharpen AI nor Gigapixel AI appear to require significant processor grunt, rather serious amounts of memory..

For those who print at home in the article Ctein makes some interesting points about getting the best output from Epson printers. I shall be experimenting. And maybe upgrading my graphics card as well if I find myself regularly wanting to exploit the capabilities of these Topaz products. Link to the TOP article below.

https://theonlinephotographer.typepad.c ... el-ai.html

And for those interested, here is the forum thread for Sharpen AI:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3225&p=14742&hilit=sharpen+ai#p14714
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 17 Oct 2019, 08:14

As ever when Ctein posts on TOP, it is worthwhile looking in the comments a day or so later. Whatever people ask, he always answers every single question. It can be surprising what extra nuggets of information turn up.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”