Good cameras?

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
alihossain

Good cameras?

Postby alihossain » Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:43

Well here is my story. I've never really been into photography or anything of that nature. But my dad decodes about 2-3 years ago that he doesn't want to pay 800-1000 for a professional photographer to take pictures at my sisters Quincenera. So he goes out and buys a Sony DSLR a100.
https://productz.com/en/sony-alpha-dslr ... tal-camera
I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing.
I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.
Franke07

Re: Good cameras?

Postby Franke07 » Tue 18 Dec 2018, 13:03

alihossain wrote:I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.

Hi Ali, welcome to the wonderful world of photography! The first thing I would say to you is use what you have and find out how it works with your style of photography, see if its limitations (all cameras have them) will prevent you from making the pictures you want to produce.
Photography can be an expensive hobby - the way I improved my picture making was firstly discovering the type of subjects that I enjoyed photographing then looking at how others had portrayed them, I then practiced reproducing that look, later developing my own style, I also found it helpful to get feedback from others.
I would say the camera is the last thing to look at if you already have one - learn how to get the best out of what you have, far better to invest in understand how to go about composing the elements of your picture and getting the exposure etc right!
Hope this is of some help.
Bett

Re: Good cameras?

Postby Bett » Tue 18 Dec 2018, 13:06

If I were you I wouldn't buy another camera at this stage. If you go on YouTube you can get easy to follow tutorials for the camera you have, just take pictures and enjoy, you will get there. good luck

Return to “General”