PhotoEntry

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Iggy

PhotoEntry

Postby Iggy » Sun 09 Dec 2018, 19:54

Hi Mike F,
It is good to be able to see the whole portfolio of one's past entries on one page in PhotoEntry which I have just discovered.

Is it possible to have the names of the judges as well on this page, as this would be helpful rather than having to refer to individual competitions for this information?
Any chance of getting last year's entry in this format?
Is it possible to download this page to one's computer for future reference?
Are the certificated images directed to the CCC website automatically for display or do they have to be loaded manually?

Apologies for all the questions.

Thank you for all the hard work that you have put into making PhotoEntry a success.

Kind regards,
Iggy
Iggy

Re: PhotoEntry

Postby Iggy » Sun 09 Dec 2018, 23:00

Iggy said:
Any chance of getting last year's entry in this format?

Combined images for past seasons are already up on PhotoEntry.
Maybe they have been there from the beginning and I never noticed them, as I am always in a last minute rush to get images on for competition.
The one off Competitions even include the Exhibition Entries.
Great!!
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 10 Dec 2018, 09:36

Hi Iggy

I am glad that you are finding PhotoEntry (PE) to be a useful addition to what the club offers. As you are discovering, it has a substantial set of features which benefit alike both members and those who organise our competitions as its introduction has greatly reduced the work involved.

With the exception of the Bamber Trophy monochrome images, all of last season's entries have been available from the outset on PE which was the first year when we used the system. It was only after the Bamber had taken place that the club switched to using PE for the submission of prints as well as DPI. Members were offered the chance to submit their Bamber entries retrospectively and I added them manually. A few people took advantage of this opportunity. There are no plans to do anything similar for earlier seasons when we did not use PE. It would be far too much work for limited gain.

This season's exhibition will be added to the list of competitions once the entry criteria are confirmed.

judges names are only displayed on the summary page for the season's competitions. PE has no facility to show them elsewhere. You might wish to note that where I have been able to find a judge's website, it is possible to click on their name which will automatically open the website in a new tab. Members might find this useful if they want to establish a judge's preferences when considering their entry. (Anyone who does this should bear in mind that submitting the same type of images as a judge might not be the best strategy. The judge could decide that the shots are not as good as their own and mark accordingly.)

There is currently no intention to delete past seasons from PhotoEntry. Everyone will have access to their records for the duration of their membership.

There is no automated link between PE and the club's website to add certificated images. However, PE does offer a means to extract them provided at the time of entry entrants have indicated their willingness for their work to be published.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 11:35

Hello Mike,
Mike said: Judges names are only displayed on the summary page for the season's competitions. PE has no facility to show them elsewhere.

It is more convenient to have judges names on the Entry Summary rather than having to look at individual competitions for that information.

Mike said: There is currently no intention to delete past seasons from PhotoEntry. Everyone will have access to their records for the duration of their membership.

I would welcome being able to download a copy in Word or PDF of the full Entry Summary to my computer hard drive if this facility was available.

Perhaps Chris Palmer might make the above extra features available if he knew that they were requested.

Mike said: You might wish to note that where I have been able to find a judge's website, it is possible to click on their name which will automatically open the website in a new tab.

The judges web site where available that you have added is helpful.

Thanks,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:00

Iggy wrote:It is more convenient to have judges names on the Entry Summary rather than having to look at individual competitions for that information.

I really do not understand what you are going on about. The judges' names are displayed in the summary for all the competitions in a group and not the individual competitions!!!!!!! :!: :?: :roll:

Iggy wrote:Perhaps Chris Palmer might make the above extra features available if he knew that they were requested.

Chris Palmer publishes his e-mail address on the PhotoEntry website. If you feel these enhancements are worthwhile, I suggest that you get in touch directly. Having communicated with him extensively over a number of months, I would not not be surprised if declines to make the changes.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:42

Anyone who wants a PDF of their information held in PhotoEntry might be interested in this article.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... -as-a-pdf/
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 16:15

Mike said: Anyone who wants a PDF of their information held in PhotoEntry might be interested in this article.

Thanks Mike.
Those PDFs are wonderful and already on my hard drive now.
To make these PDFs perfect, I wanted the names of the judges in the PDF Entry summary documents on my hard drive.
I probably have an old PDF writer somewhere that came in with PS3, where I can possibly add those names in myself.
Best wishes,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 16:22

Iggy wrote:To make these PDFs perfect, I wanted the names of the judges in the PDF Entry summary documents on my hard drive.
I probably have an old PDF writer somewhere that came in with PS3, where I can possibly add those names in myself.

The article to which I linked has a further link to recommended free PDF editors: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... f-editors/

One of the options is Microsoft Word. While it is not free, it is a no cost option if you have it already.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 16:58

Thanks Mike.
I have the latest Microsoft Word and will have a little play with it later.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 18:41

Iggy wrote:I have the latest Microsoft Word and will have a little play with it later.

At least you have the option to extract and configure data from the PhotoEntry screens to your own specifications. Take it from me, Chris Palmer is not going to change the formats of screens and reports unless there is a very clear benefit across the board.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”