Luminar DAM

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Luminar DAM

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 24 Sep 2018, 08:30

Now that Lightroom is only available through the purchase of a subscription, which rankles many, I have been looking at potential replacements. This post is part of an occasional series on the topic. One of the more promising alternatives is Skylum's Luminar, although until now it has only offered image processing. Now Skylum is adding a long awaited Digital Asset Management (DAM) to the mix. It is functionality which, although in my experience is possibly under appreciated by some, makes Lightroom such a powerful tool.

Skylum has released a teaser video about its new DAM and PetaPixel has just published a post about it. The video is only 41 seconds long, so does not make too many demands on attention spans. It does show some shots of attractive women, which are undoubtedly there to keep people watching. A tactic which seems to be well used by a number of advertisers. Given the paucity of the new features on view, it needs them. On this evidence, there is nothing which will yet pose a serious challenge Lightroom. As PetaPixel says, we need to see the actual product before passing judgement.

https://petapixel.com/2018/09/22/teaser ... ue-update/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”