I'd love to know...

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Sarahrs

Re: I'd love to know...

Postby Sarahrs » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 21:18

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the club.

Three questions:
I’ve always photographed ever since I was little. Since I’ve retired from Hockey, I decided to focus on my photography. So I joined Croydon camera club.

What do I take pictures of.
I would say I do travel photography; so I get to combine , street, place and landscape. I recently discovered long exposure photography when a club member organised an outing. I really like it as it forces me to slow down,

Inspiration: Ansel Adam with putting science into b&w photography. Martin Parr for his seaside photography.
Paul Heester

Re: I'd love to know...

Postby Paul Heester » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 14:11

Hi Steve

Glad to see a new member joining the forum straight away! I cannot always visit every evening but will say hello on my next one.

Q: What led you into your love of photography? - From an early age I can remember taking images. My dad would use a camera on holidays and I got interested that way. Then from a compact camera in my teens I bought my first SLR around 17 and never looked back. The advent of digital came at a good time as I was also interested in tech and computing.

Q: What do you like to photograph and why? - Its always been landscapes for me. Im a complete sucker for a sunrise/sunset shot (top tip is dont submit these to competitions, judges are too jaded by seeing so many) but adverse weather also heralds great opportunities and I like the planning aspect of it as well. As long as Im in the right place at the right time then it doesnt feel a complete disaster if conditions arent perfect as I know Ive done my best to maximise my chances. Family life has put a stop to many chances I would have to get out there so I try macro in the garden and some home studio setups as well.

Q: What / who has been your greatest inspiration photographically? - In the early years it was David Noton, a top landscaper. Also love the work of Colin Prior a Scottish mountaineer/photographer. Recently was amazed by David Yarrow's B&W African wildlife shots.

Paul.

Return to “General”