Adobe Creative Cloud Operating System Support

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Adobe Creative Cloud Operating System Support

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 08:05

If you are using Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC and are running an older operating system, you will not get the next update from Adobe. Full details at DPReview.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/680393711 ... oud-update
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Sarahrs

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud Operating System Support

Postby Sarahrs » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 08:50

What there is a windows 11? Crumbs I’m going to have to find out what windows version I’m running. Thanks for sharing.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 09:14

Sarahrs wrote:What there is a windows 11?

Hi Sarah

I think that you misread the Windows 10 version number. Anyone running Windows 10 Home and has an Internet connection will have little choice in which version they run as Microsoft regularly releases automatic updates. The issue is more likely to affect Mac users who have ignored Apple's prompts to upgrade the OS.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 18:32

I don't know about you, Mike, but, like many Apple users, I tend to keep up to date (although not necessarily immediately) with Apple's operating system.

Keep an eye open for Mojave, due for release in the "Fall".
Regards

David A Beard.
Rose

Postby Rose » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 09:10

I'm already running one version behind as my 8 yr old iMac's system couldn't support the last update :( I have to replace the computer anyway as I spend far too much time watching that spinning beach ball.... It can take a minute just to open a drop down menu sometimes. And I've even had a blue screen appear momentarily in Photoshop when it can't cope with the processing ! :shock: :shock:
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 18:06

Rose wrote:I'm already running one version behind as my 8 yr old iMac's system couldn't support the last update :(

Hi Rose

In terms of Adobe support, you should be OK for a while yet as everything after El Capitan is OK.

Photoshop's CPU requirements are relatively modest and a faster processor will have little effect on performance. What does make Photoshop fly is memory and if you are able to increase it you might find that you can put off the upgrade for a while yet. If you do end up having to buy another computer and are faced with a choice of more RAM or better processor, opt for the RAM unless you have other applications which are CPU intensive.
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 15:35

Thanks Mike. I think the iMac is on its last legs anyway, everything is slower and sometimes processes just stop. Fortunately my uncle has just left me a small legacy so I plan to use it to buy a new computer and an A3 photo printer so I can finally get round to printing my images ! Having won all the digital trophies at the camera club this year I really need to start entering the print competitions... :lol:
Rose

Return to “General”