Mountboard Purchase 2018

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: Mountboard Purchase 2018

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 20 Jul 2018, 10:09

Iggy wrote:What is pulp board mounting? Is it easy to cut with a Logan Compact mount cutter?
How does it differ from nubord?

The answer is below and is an extract from the first post of this thread where I described the most popular options.

Mike Farley wrote:The Nubord sheets are extremely tough and can be difficult to cut, so last year some people tried pulp board, which is a thinner material. It will not stiffen the mount to anything like the same degree as Nubord, but will still provide some protection to the back of the print. It is slightly more expensive than last year at £1-92 (£1-60 + VAT) per sheet.

Can anyone who has used the pulp board give any feedback about how useful they found it for backing prints?
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Fri 20 Jul 2018, 19:09

Thanks Mike.
I will stick with Nubord.
Regards,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 11 Aug 2018, 09:07

A few requests so far, but not as many as I was expecting based on my enquiry about interest at a club meeting in May.

As a reminder, I have to receive orders by Wednesday, 29 August from those who wish to participate. The idea is to allow members to purchase the mountboard materials they need for the forthcoming season at well below retail prices. I only undertake this initiative once a year if I believe that there is sufficient demand to justify the time and effort involved.
Regards

Mike Farley
Canonballer

Postby Canonballer » Thu 16 Aug 2018, 16:05

Hi Mike,

Thank you once again for arranging this bulk purchase on the club's behalf.

Please could I order 5 sheets of Black mount board.

Many thanks,

Dave Newman
Regards,

Dave Newman
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 28 Aug 2018, 12:35

A reminder that this offer closes tomorrow (Wednesday evening). This is your final opportunity to place an order.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 29 Aug 2018, 19:09

Summary of the orders received so far. I will add prices once the order has been placed tomorrow.
Attachments
Mountboard 2018.pdf
Mountboard order summary
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 16:46

I have now placed the order. Wessex did not have supplies of the Antique White and Green mountboards, so these are currently on backorder. It is possible that they will receive new supplies on Monday, in which case they will be included in the delivery I receive on Tuesday. The other thing to note is that the Textured Antique White mountboard has been discontinued, but Wessex still has some stock. If anyone particularly likes this board and wants to hold some in reserve, let me know by Sunday evening and I will add it to the order.

We ordered enough of most mountboard types to obtain a small discount. The attached PDF file shows our order, together with individual costs. As usual, the board and other items will be available at the club on Wednesday. Since neither I nor the club have long term storage facilities, those collecting the board should either be at the club or have someone pick it up on their behalf. You can also, by arrangement, collect it from my house on Tuesday (after I have received it) or Wednesday.

Mountboard 2018.pdf
Mountboard order with prices
(113.36 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Sat 01 Sep 2018, 08:03

Hi Mike

Thank you for the order, noted the AW Texture so please add 5 more.
Ron
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 01 Sep 2018, 10:36

Ronald Barker wrote:Hi Mike

Thank you for the order, noted the AW Texture so please add 5 more.
Ron

Will do, Ron. Looking at my samples, I see that Ingres Soft White is similar in colour to the Textured Antique White and also has a textured effect. If that is not being discontinued as well, it might be an option in future years.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 01 Sep 2018, 18:58

David has offered to bring his mount cutting equipment on Wednesday and after the AGM help anyone who wants to reduce their board to a more manageable size. Thanks, David.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”