Photographica 2018

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Photographica 2018

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 21 May 2018, 15:06

I went to Photographica yesterday which, for those who like older camera equipment, is a vertitable feast. Autofocus, let alone digital, barely gets a look in. It was the second time I have been and, unlike the previous occasion, I now know much more about adapted lenses. Which is just as well, since the friend I was with last time persuaded me to buy a Vivitar zoom which turned out not to work properly. He was with me again, but manfully resisted all my attempts to get him to buy something.

Despite being one of the largest camera fairs in the world, there is still an element of luck as to what will be available. None of the lenses in which I had the greatest interest were to be seen, although I did pick up a couple at reasonable prices. I might have bought another, but a particularly grumpy dealer put me off. Passing by his stall shortlly before I left at around lunchtime, he seemed to have as much stock for sale as when I arrived.

In keeping with the event, I shot the picture below below with my now "classic" Olympus OM 24 f/2.8 lens mounted on a Fuji X-E2. The lens was state of the art when I bought it 42 years ago and is still a decent performer today.

Photographica.jpg
Photographica 2018
Photographica.jpg (85.7 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”