DxO Labs Files For Bankruptcy

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

DxO Labs Files For Bankruptcy

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 24 Apr 2018, 08:26

DxO Labs has initiated bankruptcy proceedings in France. The expectation is this will facilitate a period when it can restructure with a view to being sold. The company is saying that it does not expect to go into liquidation and that customers will not be affected.

Until now, its main product has been the PhotoLab Raw converter which is notable chiefly for the lens corrections and impressive noise reduction which it applies to images during processing. It also acquired the Nik software suite last year and was promising a new version later this year. While I have never been a fan of PhotoLab, I do use the Silver Efex Pro 2 element of the Nik software which has not had any updates for a while. SEP2 has some issues which need to be addressed and it would be a shame if DxO Labs' financial difficulties were to prevent that happening.

Story from DPReview - https://www.dpreview.com/news/808292672 ... e-affected.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: DxO Labs Files For Bankruptcy

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 01 May 2018, 08:02

DxO Labs has issued a statement in which it is confident about its future. It expects the current bankruptcy proceedings to be complete within a few weeks and allow it to restructure its finances. It is promising an update both to Photo Labs and, more importantly from my perspective, a bug fix release for the Nik software in June. Details are sparse, but full compatibility with the latest Windows and MacOS platforms is promised. Given that the latter will stop supporting 32 bit applications in March next year, hopefully that means an upgrade to 64 bit for the Nik applications.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/318315579 ... o-photolab
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”